....here's my 2c....assuming that the 10D & 300D are "almost" identical....
I upgraded from the 300D to the 20D, absolutely NO regrets and here's why:
quicker .... this was a big issue for me because most of my lenses are not Canon "L", they're Sigma ... so the faster AF
on the 20D compensated for my "slower" Sigma's.
- Speed at start-up (turn-on and it's ready).... you know I never thought this would make an impact, but I've got at least 10 pics in the DB
that I would never have gotten with my 300D (bacause I was too slow or not concentrating!)
- 8mp vs. 6mp ..... ahhh, the big cropping debate. Well I'll tell you, if you want i'll send you a picture that when i took it, covers only a quarter of the full-size image !! But due to the high pixel count I cropped and made a fine image out of that little quarter block and this could never have been done on the 300D.
- MUCH better size and feel. It actually feels that I know what I'm doing as a photographer.....even though I don't (sometimes)!! Those of you who have actually held a 20D know what I'm talking about !
- 9 point AF
...to me just works great compared to my 300D. Maybe just a Sigma vs Canon lens thing...but I'm guessing better overall.
- Battery life....comes with the longer life Li-Ion cell.
- LESS Noise !! Even though I never had a huge issue with noise and my 300D, as Mies vd Rohe said "less is more..."
- and now for me .... THE biggest upgrade ..... FRAME RATE baby !!
....oh my, sounds like a machine gun, but keep that finger pressed and you'll roll off 25 pic's faster than Schummi at Monza !!
I was never very good at capturing that "exact ideal" moment. ....but hey, who cares anymore, welcome to the digital age! .... i'v got a 2gb card and I literally "go to town" at every shoot, capturing 200 images easy. What have I got to loose ? Yeah, I'm putting clicks on the clock, but I'm finally getting some good images ...... life's good !! Examples (and self plug).....
Tried forever with my 300D to get something like this, then took these the first day with my 20D !!
I won't go into some of the cons, but hey .... this upgrade sure worked for me .....hope this helps............Shaun