jamotcx

Missing Comments On Pictures

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:39 pm

Hey all.

Just a quick query, I uploaded a new pic to the database a couple of days ago, supplied a comment, everything looked fine on the stats page with all info correct and comment there.

But now for some reason since its been accepted the comment isnt there  Confused

The comment was

"Does anyone have a tissue for the captain?"

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © James Matthews

Thanks for the help

Jamo

bigphilnyc

RE: Missing Comments On Pictures

Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:57 pm

Sometimes is there is a comment that is a blatant attempt at getting cheap hits, and is not funny or worth commenting on, they end up removing it.

-Phil
Phil Derner Jr.

jamotcx

Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:23 pm

Sometimes is there is a comment that is a blatant attempt at getting cheap hits, and is not funny or worth commenting on, they end up removing it.

LOL

I'm Sowwy  Sad

Jamo

[Edited 2004-12-18 13:28:03]

chris78cpr

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:39 pm

I had that on mine! They removed part of it. Oh well. We shall all have to think of ways to get cheap hits other ways!  Laugh out loud

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

kaddyuk

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:33 am

Sorry james, that sucks...

When did a.net become communist? This really does feel like a dictator state now...

Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

AdamWright

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:53 am

Meh.. I jsut say deal with it Kevin.. I had one of my comments removed from a pictures cause I was "talking black" LOL... oh well!

The way I see it, They host our pictures to millions of views.. we're lucky we get to add comments  Big grin

-Adam

Kereru

Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:25 pm

Please read the FAQ?

What should I write in the Remark field and can I write it in my native language?
Always use English. Do not type in all CAPITALS and don't use the field for praising your photos ("A lovely photo!" and things like that). Instead supply as much info as you can (within reasonable limits) about the photo and the aircraft pictured.

Will you change the info I add to the different fields?
Yes, if the info is incorrect or if we or someone else has [relevant and important] additional information. We reserve the right to make changes as we see fit. However, we go by the motto: The info supplied by the photographer is always correct until proven wrong.

And from the help button next to the remark field:

In this field you can write any photo relevat info that you would like to share.

Note: The registration number goes in the Registration field, not the Remark field.

Please note that this field is for photo relevant remarks only. No URL's or other irrelevant info please.

This should answer your question?
Cheers,
Colin
Good things take Time.

f4wso

Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:08 pm

"When did a.net become communist? This really does feel like a dictator state now..."

I don't agree. Internal oversight of the content keeps this a quality website. A dictator state would have an external entity making content decisions.
Gary
Cottage Grove, MN
Seeking an honest week's pay for an honest day's work