Psych
Topic Author

Any Advice On 'Bad Colour'

Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:43 am

I have recently had this photo rejected for bad colour. I am the first to admit that I have had a lot of rejections in my time, but never for this reason.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/N371AA1311.jpg

The only think that I can think did not satisfy the screener is the green of the grass. Otherwise at this time I am stumped.

I have altered the levels of the original, as I always do, but I have not tinkered with the colours in the photo in any other way. So otherwise the colours must be relatively accurate. I had a number of other photos accepted from this particular morning. Has anyone got any suggestions for me?

Ta.

Paul

mikec

RE: Any Advice On 'Bad Colour'

Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:58 am

The colour is off but it's not THAT bad (easily fixable that is). Check the RGB values on the whites - it's not true white. I had a quick play and came up with this - it's not spot on but looks a lot more balanced:

[Edited 2004-12-19 20:59:00]

TZ

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:13 am

Something half-way between the original and Mike's version would be about right.

Tamsin (a.net screening crew)
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images

Psych
Topic Author

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:19 am

Thanks so far Mike and Tamsin. I'm not used to altering the specifics of the colour in the photos.

Two questions - what should have alerted me to the fact that things were not quite right? Also, can you suggest the best way to alter things in a moderately idiot-proof way. I have some vague ideas, but would be grateful to hear from someone more expert.

Thanks.

Paul