qantas744

HKG/AKL/MIA Meetup Anyone?

Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a big trip coming up and would be interested in meeting up with some of the local guys-particularly in the places I haven't been to before.

HKG: Sat 5th Feb (all day)
AKL: Sun 13th Feb (layover 1430-2230)
MIA: Wed 16th Feb (all day)

Don't know if I can do much in AKL but I really don't want to be in the International Terminal for 8 hours.  Sad

I also have time in SYD (7-13th Feb) and a day in LAX on the 14th although I hope to get some late afternoon shots from Imperial Hill on the 13th too so if anyone is available to meet up in SYD that would be great!

I haven't got the hotels sorted yet, are there any hotels in MIA/HKG that would give me an advantage?

Thanks,

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

hkg_clk

RE: HKG/AKL/MIA Meetup Anyone?

Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Hello from HKG.

I can't tell you if I will be spotting on 5th Feb, but if you email me closer to the time I can give you a better indication. If you need further info on HKG please let me know.

As far as hotels are concerned, the Regal Airport Hotel has some rooms with views of approaching aircraft and the terminal, but I wouldn't stay there just for the view - there's lots more to see in Hong Kong, and you should stay close to the city!

hkg_clk
See my homepage for a comprehensive guide to spotting and photography at HKG

CaptainTim

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:54 am

i'm a real amateur at aviation photography from HKG and i too was wondering if i could get to meet up more of the pros of Hong Kong Aviation Photography.

post on this forum if you'll be spottin' on Feb 5th at HKG..
thanks
tim
Gulfstream Planeview Cockpit: "why have hundreds of buttons when a CCD does the same thing and more?"

n949wp

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:24 pm

On weekends with good weather (i.e. haze-free or nearly so), I will likely be somewhere around the airport. No plans yet for Feb. 5th; I guess that's all weather-dependent.

'949
HKG

hkg_clk

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:53 pm

I forgot to say have a look at my website (see my profile page) for more info on HKG.

If anyone wants to meet up on 5th February or indeed any other time, please send me an email. I'm sure something can be arranged!

hkg_clk
See my homepage for a comprehensive guide to spotting and photography at HKG

aerorobnz

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:02 pm

Qf744, I'm at AKL and know all the spots you need for photos. At this stage I am free, although I may have to cancel if I get a job I applied for, If you are keen just drop me a line. It'd be nice to catch up with the goings on at LHR, as I was based there last year. I may even have seen you around!
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

qantas744

Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, I appreciate it!

I'll look at things in more detail later but I have to go to work now Sad

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll