BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Photo Request: AA MD-80 Cabin Pics

Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:26 am

Hello Fellow Photographers,

I want to ask anyone out there if they can get Cabin Pics of American Airlines' MD-82/83 Aircraft... The angles I am looking for are..

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dinosat
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Joonas Pulliainen

If anyone can get these, it'd be cool.. I haven't seen an AA MD-80 since they had the older seats in there.
Puhdiddle

Brick

RE: Photo Request: AA MD-80 Cabin Pics

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:17 pm

I doubt anyone will be able to get photos without violating their company policy. Their policy of not allowing photography of their employees or equipment is usually strictly enforced.

Mark
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

AdamWright

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:54 pm

Mark,

Is this policy for only photographing inside their aircrafts?

ua777222

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:47 pm

About a year ago (April 04') I was on an AA MD-80 (LAX-SFO) and I thought that they were VERY strict about photographers but the crew was nice and even moved so that I could take a picture of the exit door, someone asked... But at the end of the flight I went up to the flight deck and talked with the f/o who was alone in the a/c and he talked to me about the MD-80 and their bulk numbers over at AA and at the end of our little talk he allowed me to take a picture of the cockpit.

Photos taken that day were of low quality (Nikon Coolpix 3200) but if needed just ask and I will find them and post them.

Maybe it's b/c I can pass as a kid...

Ua777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Brick

Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:22 am

AdamWright,

Their policy is for ANY of the company's equipment. Test stands, tools, parts, and aircraft inside and outside.

It's always up to the employee's discretion to enforce/not enforce this policy. Most of the time they are going to enforce it. I don't think too many employees would want to jeopardize their jobs by breaking company policy (that is well publicized) and allow someone to take a photo of their aircraft. You may get lucking, but since September 2001 I have yet to find a crew that has allowed me to take photos of the cockpit before or after the flight.

Mark
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

LHSebi

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:44 am

Maybe it's b/c I can pass as a kid...

How old are you again?  Big grin

As for that policy, it wouldn't surprise me if most of the cabin crew had no idea what the rule is! I find it to be similar about cockpit visits. I have asked many times on short-haul LH flights, to see the flight deck after the flight. Answers have ranged from "not since 9/11" to "sure, of course, let me just ask the captain". I would just always ask...if you get a cranky F/A, suck it up, and say thank you, good day!

Sebastian
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

CcrlR

Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:38 am

Try Http://www.jetphotos.net

I have one there but you need to try more than one database of airplane photos to see if they have a cabin shot.
"He was right, it is a screaming metal deathtrap!"-Cosmo (from the Fairly Oddparents)

Dazed767

Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 am

Near the back of the AmericanWay magazine, they tell you that photography/video of equipment and personel is prohibited.  Angry

BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:39 pm

CC, Thanx for that link.. I found some... AA is pretty paranoid about photography, but I could probably get around that. I have some "techniques" that if you find a crew member in a good mood, you'll get some shots..

I took a smorgasbord of 717 Shots from Midwest (which I will post on myaviation.net) Nobody seemed to care
Puhdiddle