KDTWflyer

What Should I Have Done To Get This Pic Accepted?

Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:05 pm

I personally liked the uniqueness of this pictures however it has been deemed bad quality... what should I do in the future??/

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/lonelyramp.JPG
NW B744 B742 B753 B752 A333 A332 A320 A319 DC10 DC9 ARJ CRJ S340

syncmaster

RE: What Should I Have Done To Get This Pic Accepted?

Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:18 pm

I would definately try and crop in closer, and it looks like it could use some more USM.

That's a difficult angle, especially on a Cessna. I think with a little work you could probably turn it into an acceptable shot, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hope all goes well!  Big thumbs up

-Charlie

CaptainTim

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 am

i dunno if its me or if the plane is tilted or the photo is tilted.. but it seems a little tilted.. but other than taht i love the pic.. its a abstract view of a plane.. and as you have already called it, 'lonelyramp' its pretty good from the position..and it standing alone on a ramp under such a beautiful sky, i like it

i think maybe a polarizing filter might have helped or increase the saturation on photoshop to help deepen the blue in the sky to give it a better lookin' background

tim
Gulfstream Planeview Cockpit: "why have hundreds of buttons when a CCD does the same thing and more?"

Kukkudrill

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:51 am

Yes it's slightly tilted. Needs slight counter-clockwise rotation to level the wings. Also, crop away some of the dead space on the left to centre the plane in the photo. I would try a bit more USM like Syncmaster said, and experiment with contrast and colour saturation to see if that makes an improvement.
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life