Stealthz

New User Rejection Assist

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:30 pm

Hi, as a fairly new contributor here I was frustrated buy some rejections but went back and improved on them and now have several pics in the database.
Of my latest uploads some were rejected for Baddirty, badsoft eg:
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/VH-HUE-3143a.jpg

I can accept that because looking closely it was not my best work and I will try and fix it.

But this next picture was badsoft and I am at a loss as to how to sharpen much without hurting the quality, I think the early morning light takes a little "snap" out of the white portions of the helo
"http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/VH-PHX-5553C.jpg"
Apologies this link will have to be copied to your browser(remove " ") as the filename contains an Airport code!

Any thoughts are appreciated

Chris

[Edited 2005-02-14 04:34:41]

[Edited 2005-02-14 04:35:24]
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

Psych

RE: New User Rejection Assist

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:15 pm

Hi Chris,

I had a look at your photo - good shot. Slightly on the dark side, but I see what you mean about the early morning light.

In terms of sharpness - if you have Photoshop (that's all I'm familiar with) a pass with USM at a low level (e.g. 50%, 0.5, 0) may bring up the sharpness a bit and I would not expect it to have any detrimental effect on the overall image.

Paul

N317AS

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:45 pm

There is also a dust spot between the main blade and the body.
Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Stealthz

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:26 pm

Thanks guys,
I resharpened and resubmitted, I also noticed the "dust" and went back to the full res original and blew it up.. it was part of the helo, it is the slip indicator tell tale on a short aerial in front of windshield.

Regards

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!