I Know... Yet Another Question On Badquality

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:01 pm

My enthousiasm for uploading pics comes in waves. As I am often using a digital camera (a decent 5MPixel one, but still nothing special), I fully realise that it is quite difficult to get the required quality for uploads, but with some practice, I've succeeded in a few successful uploads... Usually when I have a couple of good-looking pictures, the enthousiasm gets stronger than the sense for realism, I upload some and most get rejected. My own fault... The enthousiasm level drops again, I get more realistic, concentrate on only the best pic, and try again if it's worth it.

This pic:

was first rejected (and I agreed with it because it was a tad too dark. Then I reworked it but it was rejected due to lack of sharpness). Although I realise this is by no means a very special picture or motive, I reworked it again, just to learn. Now I get bad quality...

Once again, this pic is one like there are so many already, but I would appreciate all help to tell me what is so bad about it. Have I concentrated too much on the plane and is the sky/grass on the foreground too low-quality? Is there something I don't see? Thanks...

RE: I Know... Yet Another Question On Badquality

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:05 pm

Nice picture, but it seems to me that it is way too overexposed. When you shoot with the sun at your back at planes with a very reflective paint (AA, or euro-white c/s), you need to underexpose a few shots. I don't think you will be able to save this one. Sorry!

I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:42 pm

well it was first rejected for being too dark if you noticed that...

so will just have to find a happy medium
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:52 am

I think you overcompensated when brightening it. Make it a little less brighter , add some contrast and then add a little USM.

Good luck!

-SA006  wave 
Proudly South African