j.mo

Can You Improve This Photo? A Challenge.

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:07 am

I am having a difficult time sharpening my photos. I have went to endless websites for help. I have tried sharpening using masks, layers and USM. I just can't seem to nail it.

I am not looking for someone to do it for me, I just want to know if it can be done better. I have two images I am trying to work on. I know there have been endless topics on this. All I want to see if someone can sharpen my image and tell me what I am doing wrong.

If you are interested in trying, I will send you my unalterted image and the image I worked on. I would like to see if it can look better. Post here or use my email in my profile.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Psych

RE: Can You Improve This Photo? A Challenge.

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:17 am

Jeremy,

I am interested in the process of sharpening, and the different methods people use. I would be very happy to give my method a go with your photo for you to see what it looks like - I've emailed you.

These are my photos, where I have used pretty much the same sharpening process, so if you think that may suit your photo I'll be glad to take a look.

All the best.

Paul

clickhappy

Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:18 am

Fire me a copy, I will check it out and have a stab.

airliners.net@gmail.com

Granite

Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:18 pm

Jeremy

Let us know when you have uploaded the revised image.

Have to say, after talking to you last night, it's a great image if processed correctly and well worth a direct upload.

Regards

Gary

j.mo

Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:32 am

I have received 3 email offers for help and I greatly appreciate all of them.

Gary, Mike and Paul have had a stab at it and returned to me, some great images. I am going to sit down and try to reproduce my photo to look like theirs.

Again, I really appreciate the help given. It gives me hope that I can maybe throw down a few more images on here.  goodvibes 

Jeremy

diezel

Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:50 am

Would it be possible to show the results here?

I'm still learning editing too and am always interested in results.

Roel.
Never be afraid of what you like. (Miles Davis)