atomother

It Did Make It!

Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:09 pm

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tim Samples

Thanks to the screeners for putting this one through. It's kind of a popular spot seen from a different perspective. I took the following photo from the location on the right where the white truck is parked under the lake. Great location to eat your lunch and watch some airplanes!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tim Samples

And for the record, I did manage to put it down in the middle of the "fatties" unlike what you see in the photo above... Still scares me looking at that photo.

Thanks again!

AndersNilsson

RE: It Did Make It!

Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:11 pm

Good photos! I like the second one a lot. Keep on shooting and uploading.

Anders
Airliner photography is not a crime.

mygind66

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:23 pm

Tim..

I have problems when I try to open the pics...I'm afraid there are some problems with the server. I'll give you a clic later on...  Wink

Enrique

Fiveholer

Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:58 pm

Nice shot Tim, I've always liked your shots, especially your stuff from the tower. Keep em' coming!

Danny
Bring back Bethune!

DLKAPA

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:12 am

Tim, every day I went out there during spring break I saw at least 2 of those. It looks like the plane comes in about ten feet over the fence!
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

atomother

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:51 am

Thanks guys,

I think I am going to start shifting my focus from airliners to the general aviation world and biz jets. I just got hired as a flight instructor up at McAir aviation so I am going to be trying to show people how to not make the type of approach you see above. That thing still scares me every time I look at it. The thing that was funky about that one besides the fact that he is way too low is that the horn was going off at the same time and the mains just touched down on the pavement. He was probably feeling the buffet as he touched down.

As for my photos in the tower... Well I had to quit working at Frontier so I could start working at McAir is a flight instructor... Now I just need the weather to clear up.