F9Widebody
Topic Author

LAX Spotting Areas

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:52 am

Hi All.

Over Spring Break, I am going to be visiting the LA area while looking at Colleges. I have a pretty packed schedule, but I thought I might head over to LAX for like an hour or so.

I really wanted to go by In-N-Out. But my questions are: You see arrivals to what runway when spotting here? What time of day is best? How do I get there?  Silly

Also, I have heard that Imperial Hill is good. Same questions for that too.

Thanks for any advice!!

Regards,
Kyle Matson
YES URLS in signature!!!

waketurbulence

RE: LAX Spotting Areas

Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:31 am

Hey Kyle,
Please try to search a little before you post a new topic, there have been many on what you are looking for. That being said, for In n Out the arrivals are mostly 24R, with some on 24L. It is located on Sepulveda Blvd, which crosses Lincoln and Century. I guess it depends where you are coming from. From the 405 Freeway get off at Century and go right on Sepulveda, keep going until you see In n Out on your left. Imperial Hill you see 25L and R arrivals and in the distance you can see the 24's. You see more rotations at Imperial because it is located about 7,000' down the runway. To get there take Imperial Highway and make a left on Main I think, then a quick left and up the hill. Hope this helps.
-Matt

JAT74L

RE: LAX Spotting Areas

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:12 am

I was there 3 weeks ago at 1130AM before my flight home and noted that it's only good in the afternoon for photo's. The burgers were pretty good though!

Regards

John
I like trains just as much as planes but trains don't like the Atlantic!