BobbyBoeing
Topic Author

Anne's First 500 - And Still Going Strong!

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Hello,

this is a big thank you to all the guys around the world who I had to share my girlfriend with the past 15 months and who helped Anne Deus to present more then 500 pictures in this great medium, as there are

Art Brett (NYC)
Paul Paulsen (LAX)
Bob Meyers (ORD)
Kok Chwee Sim (BKK)
Adam Wright (IAD)
Gabe Pfeiffer (DFW)
and last not least my Lufthansa colleague Konstantin von Wedelstaedt.

I am very proud of Anne and of course it gives me a good feeling as well seeing numerous pictures of my 747-400, where I enjoy either the first or last mile in this very special left seat in the first row.

Keep up the good work Anne and sorry for falling asleep sometimes hearing the last word "Canon" something with these astonishing lense numbers!

Ulf

Fly-K

RE: Anne's First 500 - And Still Going Strong!

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:27 am

Thanks for the credits, Ulf - and congrats to Anne!
I hope to meet you one day here, but I guess we have to wait until next winter for you to have a chance to fly a 744 to DXB...
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

DLKAPA

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:56 am

Even though we have this huge Denver crew, its ironic that a girl from Germany is pretty much uploading the most from DEN, save of course Aaron who has the balls to face the cops... Damn good shots coming from you, you know when to use the light.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

F9Widebody

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 2):
save of course Aaron who has the balls to face the cops..

I think you mean "badge to face the cops."  Wink

Nevertheless, your point is a valid one. Great shots, especially at DEN!
YES URLS in signature!!!

Liskatze

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:48 am

Thank you all for the nice words and congratulations according to my pictures.

Especially Konstantin, he is the "father" of my first steps here in airliners.net and helped me to get the first pics accepted last year in April.

Denver is a great location, I like very much, I've been there in 2003 four days without a camera, than last year for only a few hours on May 31st - and what a luck - I haven't had any confrontation with the cops there! Maybe they "scented" that I'm flown from LAX espacially to take as many Frontiers as possible? Will try to come back to DEN this year in summer for a day or two...

Anne

ChrisZRH

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:04 am

Hi Anne!

Also the biggest congrats from me! You really have some amazing pictures!
you know which one's my favourite  Smile

chris
Christian Galliker - AirTeamImages

Liskatze

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:11 am

Chris,

thank you, I know your personal favourite in my pics, of course, and I love it, too.

Wish you as many luck and good weather and light conditions in BKK as I had in February.

Anne

SA006

Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:28 am

Anne , so sorry I couldn't meet up with you in JNB. I unfortunately didn't get round to replying that I couldn't make it. My sincere apologies Anne Big grin .

Hope you got some good stuff down here. And I hope you are back here soon!

Best regards and congrats on reaching 500!

-SA006
Proudly South African

Liskatze

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:48 am

SA006, thank you - JNB was a fantastic experience, after driving about 450KM to Pilanesberg and back I started to understand the way driving on the left side works  Wink

Driving to the airport and looking for a spotting location around the airport perimeter was the result! First pic is accepted here, showing the arriving Swiss. All the fantastic animal pics are much better in quality than my airliners - but I think it's the wrong page for uploading them...

Anne

INNflight

Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:52 am

Congratulations, Anne! You really did a superb job on the 500 ( 515 ) photos, it's wonderful to see also women love aviation connected with photography, and it's more wonderful they do such a great job in terms of photography!  goodvibes 

My girlfriend is a glider pilot so far  checkmark , just have to teach her aviation photography now... hehe  weightlifter 

Seriously Anne, your work is admireable and great to look at; also you can consider yourself very lucky to be able to travel that much... makes our hobby more enjoyable, without doubt!

Keep the photos coming!

Cheers,
Florian
Jet Visuals

aagold

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:13 am

ULF

It was a pleasure assisting Anne and also meeting her that day at the mounds for 22L arrivals and then over to Bayswater Park.

http://www.anniebees.com/Photos/Assets/images/ANet/JFK_200408_120.jpg
L to R: me, Thomas' brother and Thomas from Vienna, Anne and Conrad.

She's done quite well with her photos and I congratulate her for being active in a sport where you don't find many women. Hopefully she'll keep up the excellent work and we'll see many more from her over the coming years.

Art

Wanderer

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:00 am

Anne, as a woman in a man's hobby myself (ships are my main interest as well as my more casual approach to planes) you are now on my respected users' list.  Smile

Fly-K

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:07 pm

Seeing the photo, I realize I once saw you at FRA, but I think back then we didn't have any email contact yet...
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

Liskatze

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:32 am

Konstantin, of course we've been at RWY 18 together last year without knowing each other... a few days same pics from April 2nd have appeared here!

Florian, thank you, wish you that your girlfriend will love aviation photography, too... Ulf sometimes starts attending me. First time "on duty" was in BKK, I gave him the camera when going go the restrooms, with the advice to touch nothing except the right button... The result you can see here:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Anne Deus

I think he has done his first job pretty well!

Art, New York is a fascinating location for spotting, thanks to your appearance at the mounds for 22L arrivals I found the way to Bayswater Park, never have found it without your and Conrad's help!

N178UA

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Congrats Anne! Looking forward to see more of your high quality picture on here! Big grin

Sam
For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

Liskatze

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:29 pm

Sam,

read your email just in the moment, thanks for your congratulations. Saturday we'll come back from HKG - maybe with many new pics? I'm not sure, weather will not be good in HKG - I'll try it!!

Anne