vzlet

Changing Info On Shots In The Queue

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:50 pm

Quoting Skymonster on a capability to modify info on images still in the queue, from June 2004:

"Before this can be allowed, a secured means of allowing each photographer to access their own images and only their images has to be implemented. To do this, it'll be necessary to have a process for photographers to register on the site in a similar way to that in which forum participants are already registered - please don't read anything into this about costs, its a means of identifying each photographer and allowing them to access their own material. Johan is working on this and it'll be launched in due course."

Is this still on a "to do" list or was it abandoned for technical or other reasons?

-Mark
"That's so stupid! If they're so secret, why are they out where everyone can see them?" - my kid

Psych

RE: Changing Info On Shots In The Queue

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:02 pm

This is a good question Mark.

It has been on my mind in the last day or two, coincidentally. I have recently re-edited a previously rejected image, but forgot the original comments I added to the initial photo. I like the comments sections and try to put something there that is informative and/or of interest - I also enjoy reading other photographers' comments. I have now remembered one issue that I put in the original upload, but forgot to put in the second version. I would like to be able to add the comment, as I think it adds to the photo (assuming it gets accepted this time round  Wink ) but, given the length of the queue, I am reluctant to pull the photo, and so lose its place, just for this.

I would certainly support the introduction of this facility if it can be done securely and without too much hassle for the Crew.

All the best.

Paul

airkas1
Crew

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Quoting Psych (Reply 1):
have now remembered one issue that I put in the original upload, but forgot to put in the second version. I would like to be able to add the comment

Paul, Log in at the "myphotos" section, and view your rejected photo. The original comment is also there. Just a matter of copy/paste then. This is how I do it..  Smile

Kas
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

Psych

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:24 pm

Thanks Kas - I did know about that way of doing things. But that assumes you have not appealed the photo (unsuccessfully), whereupon the rejected photo - and its comment - disappears into oblivion  Wink.

Cheers.

Paul

liamer

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 pm

Would love to see such a feature, was also thinking of an option
to replace the uploaded photo with a (better) edited version
without losing your place in the queue.

Cheers,

Marinus.

airkas1
Crew

Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:39 pm

Quoting Psych (Reply 3):
But that assumes you have not appealed the photo (unsuccessfully), whereupon the rejected photo - and its comment - disappears into oblivion

Uhmmm... that's right. Same happened to me aswell  Angry I didn't know you appealed it  Wink
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

willo

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:19 pm

Quoting Liamer (Reply 4):
was also thinking of an option
to replace the uploaded photo with a (better) edited version
without losing your place in the queue.

No, this will encourage people to "bag" a place in the queue in the hope they can produce something better later. Your first submission should be the best you can acheive at the time. If it's not good enough and gets rejected, tough! If it does get in, there is already the option to subsequently submit an improved version of the original.

aitek

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:27 am

not it you make it so you cant reupload the picture, just change file info...

Kukkudrill

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:08 am

The option of editing comments would be really useful. However, I suspect a.net would prefer to retain control over the photo comments because otherwise the policy of removing comments like "first photo of this plane on a.net" would become unworkable.
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

willo

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:47 pm

Quoting Kukkudrill (Reply 8):
policy of removing comments like "first photo of this plane on a.net"

Is this policy, because I have seen several new additions recently still with this comment?

dendrobatid

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:58 pm

I wasn't aware that comments such as 'first photo on the database' were removed.
I have put this on recently on a 25 year old photo of a 727, a photo taken in March of an Uzbekistan 757 that I was surprised was not on the database, and other aircraft where they were appearing in new liveries for the first time.
The comments all made it through.
Mick Bajcar

Kukkudrill

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:30 pm

Willo, Mick,

See this thread: http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ation_photography/read.main/167832

My understanding is that it's the database editors rather than the screeners who busy themselves with this sort of thing. Which would explain why it's still possible for such comments to make it into the database along with new photos.

Charles
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

aeroweanie

Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:11 am

One thing the rejected photos queue is missing is any CN or Code that you entered. Otherwise, grabbing the info from the rejected queue is really convienent.