columbia107

Which NY Airport Is Best For Aviation Photography

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:10 am

This summer I will be flying into a New York airport for the first time and will be staying in downtown Manhattan for a few days. This despite numerous visits to the US in the past in which I have flown into Washington, Orlando, Miami, Philadelphia etc. My question therefore is to identify the best NY airport for aviation photography on the dates of my arrival and departure? LGA, JFK, Newark?

I will also be visiting the NAS Oceania Air Show in September and also wonder which nearby commercial airport is the best for aviation photography on the dates of my arrival and departure?

Bermuda, where I currently reside, enjoys easy access to the US and one would say, spoilt for choice.
In God we trust

Newark777

RE: Which NY Airport Is Best For Aviation Photography

Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:14 am

I would have to say JFK. They have the diverse airlines that LGA doesn't offer, and they have the better shooting locations that aren't available at EWR. For someone coming to NY for the first time, I would say try JFK first. If you don't like it, the other two aren't that far away (relatively speaking  Wink).

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Moose135

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:00 pm

Have to agree with Newark777 - JFK will probably give you the widest variety of subjects and shooting locations. LGA has a nice spot (Planeview Park) right under the approach of Rwy 4

Check out Art Brett's site:

http://www.anniebees.com/Photos/AviationWelcome.htm

and follow the "Spotting Locations" link.

Also check out Phil Derner's site:

http://www.nycaviation.com/index.html

Moose
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

columbia107

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:01 am

Thanks Newark777 and Moose135.
I have booked an AA flight into JFK.

Columbia
In God we trust