sulman

Screeners: First Quarter Done, How's The Workload?

Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:00 pm

I remember Andy Martin (Skymonster) commenting a while back (late summer I think) about the large increase in uploads following the relatively cheap availability of DSLRs, and how this aggravated the queue back then. I've noticed recently that there's about 1600 images being screened a day..that's just incredible.

There's a great page here that shows sitewide statistics that you can access via this page:

http://www.airliners.net/statistics/static.main

There's a big old jump from 2003-2004 which bears out what Andy was saying, and if you look closer you can see that numerically 2005 appears to be continuing at the same rate, but this isn't to be taken at face value.

Of course, that doesn't take into account that a huge number of uploads come from the Northern Hemisphere in summer, so the growth will not be uniform.

So, you guys that give your time to do this: Better/worse than last year? Happy? Sad? Same trends appearing, or new ones? Uploader's behaviour better or worse (remembering the 30 image limit that was imposed because of card dumpers).

No particular reason for asking, just curious really!

James
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.