The Best Camera For Aircraft Photos?

Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:11 pm

Yes, that's what I'm puzzled about....which is the best Digital Cam. for aviation photography. I consider the D100 but would try other options as well.
Also help me out with with the best Cam settings I'd require to take pictures of fast moving Aeroplanes. Regards..
JOY>>  duck 
If it wasn't for AI and those money mongers sitting in the parliament, 9W would have been as big as SQ...:(

RE: The Best Camera For Aircraft Photos?

Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:56 pm

There probably isn't a best camera company. A DSLR will be better than any other digital camera, a pro camera better than a "prosumer" and a professional lens better than a standard one. Take your pick of Canon, Nikon or Olympus.

Check the photos to see what kit people use if they're kind enough to say..

For fast aircraft, fast shutter speed, faster reflexes and a steady hand and trigger finger.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

RE: The Best Camera For Aircraft Photos?

Sun May 01, 2005 9:31 am

i just bought a 300d for a good price, and have got 6 pic's in the db in around 2-3 weeks...

its a good point and shoot, with a reasonably good manual function (which i use more than any other setting).

but as I have seen most of the guys in here say its the glass that can make all the difference in a camera ....

but as was said above, have a look around at all the different pic's, for an idea, you can search for camera names in the DB

my 2p's worth