senorcarnival

Spotting FAQ

Mon May 02, 2005 1:19 am

Is there a spotting FAQ anywhere? Like a guide to the areas most adequate for spotting at airports all over the world. It would be very handy for everyone, I'm sure. If there isn't one, could a sticky thread be started in this forum for that purpose? Or does this message board not support stickys?
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

INNflight

RE: Spotting FAQ

Mon May 02, 2005 1:29 am

There is no such 'sticky post' function in any A.net forum afaik.

Re. the FAQ thing:
Lots of airports have their own enthusiast websites, google will find them for you most likely.
If you want to know about the best spotting locations on airports without a photography hp, contact locals via email or ask here in the forums whatever you like.

This worked pretty well for me so far if I needed info.

Florian
Jet Visuals

hawaiian717

Mon May 02, 2005 4:34 am

I have seen posts made sticky, but its very rare.

Senorcarnival, you might want to try the Spotters United web site, which has info on a lot of different airports.

David / ABQ

senorcarnival

Mon May 02, 2005 10:33 am

Quoting Hawaiian717 (Reply 2):
Senorcarnival, you might want to try the Spotters United web site, which has info on a lot of different airports.

Exactly. Except this site hasn't been updated since 2003...I'm sure some things have changed at certain airports. The information about AUS is incomplete at best.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!