JAT74L
Topic Author

Bad Everything!

Wed May 04, 2005 3:23 am

Now, I've had a fair few rejections but this one seems to be ALL bad!

badqualitybadcenteredbadcategorybaddistance

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...ections/big/G-MIDW050423JATEDI.jpg

John
I like trains just as much as planes but trains don't like the Atlantic!

G-CIVP

RE: Bad Everything!

Wed May 04, 2005 3:31 am

Having a quick look at it, the contrast is out of whack. Alternatively, the whites are over exposed. May help with some more cropping on the right hand side.

Newark777

Wed May 04, 2005 4:00 am

The distance and center can be fixed with a tighter and better crop, and you will have to check what category you chose in order to fix that one. If the original is overexposed also, though, you may be SOL. That looks like a pretty bad overexposure, and doesn't look too good in terms of odds of improvement.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

INNflight

Wed May 04, 2005 4:03 am

As I said in the other thread... it's not fixable... always review your photos and then correct exposure. Good luck for the next tries.

Florian
Jet Visuals

Espion007

Wed May 04, 2005 4:24 am

Also it looks a little over sharpened. the top of the fuselage is slightly jagged.
Snakes on a Plane!

OD720

Wed May 04, 2005 4:49 am

The white fuselage of the plane looks overexposed. If this was done in post processing (levels, curves, etc...), it can be fixed. But if the original shot is overexposed, there's almost nothing you can do to bring to A.net requirements.

The rest of the rejection reasons are fixable.

Hope this helps.

sulman

Wed May 04, 2005 5:14 am

John,

Did you shoot this in raw? You may be able to pull it back a little. To reduce the somewhat dramatic contrast, bump up the shadow tone curve a little.

It's a very common a/c, which doesn't help!

James
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

Psych

Wed May 04, 2005 6:30 am

Hello John,

Sorry to see that list of 'bads' - a bit disheartening. Hope you are not too downhearted.

The first thing that struck me looking at your photo was the top of the fuselage and the logos - looks more like heat haze to me than jaggies due to oversharpening. I was out with Tim and Jid last weekend and I was surprised how significantly the photos were affected by heat haze, especially as I was not really aware of it at the time. In those circumstances I think there is little that you can do in the post-processing. It's just a bit 'wobbly'

For me that quality issue is the key 'bad' - the crop leaves the subject slightly to the left and possibly a bit high, but those are more minor issues. Presumably the category issue related to the special livery?

I have only been uploading since last autumn - maybe the summer won't produce as many results in the sunshine as I at first thought. I have decided that my best photos were taken around Christmas time in the sun - nice low, crisp light and certainly no heat haze.

Take care and good luck with the next uploads.

Paul

senorcarnival

Wed May 04, 2005 6:46 am

How is this baddistance? I've seen recent photos in the DB that are that close or even further than that.

Unfortunately, the other reasons are pretty spot on. You could also try the dodge tool under the wing there, it got a little sacrificed bc of the harsh shadow.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!