highguy76

Good Day/Bad Day In SEA

Wed May 04, 2005 2:26 pm

The good part of my day came when I purchased my new kit, including a Gitzo basalt tripod (a bit $$$, but light as a feather) and a new remote for my 300D.

The bad part came when I was awakened by a freshly painted QA 738 taking off from RNT, and missed shooting it. Also saw the new 777 sitting outside the paint hanger at BFI, but couldn't get a good shot of it from anywhere around the field. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Highguy76

oly720man

RE: Good Day/Bad Day In SEA

Wed May 04, 2005 5:21 pm

Quoting Highguy76 (Thread starter):
The bad part came when I was awakened by a freshly painted QA 738 taking off from RNT, and missed shooting it.

You live next to Renton and actually sleep? What's wrong with you? Let this be a lesson  Smile
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

highguy76

Wed May 04, 2005 11:36 pm

I try to keep the zzzzz's to a minimum, cause the minute I sleep a little late in the morning, something great takes off. I have learned my lesson.
I have thought about sleeping on my balcony with camera and gear set up, so I could just step out of bed and shoot, but it tends to rain alot here in western Washington, so that option is out.

Highguy76

clickhappy

Wed May 04, 2005 11:58 pm

Well, the Qantas 738 will be flying a couple of more times out of BFI, prior to delivery.

The 772LR is flying at least once every day, yesterday it went up twice.

cschleic

Sun May 08, 2005 11:51 pm

You have a view of Renton from your place? Wow.

Here's what bird photographers do, say next to a feeder in their backyard. Set up the camera on a tripod with either an infrared sensor, or maybe autofocus custom function in the camera, so when something moves into view at a certain distance it snaps a photo without anyone there to push a button. Catch some zzzzz's and some BBBBBB's.