TACAA320
Topic Author

Question About Nikon D70s

Wed May 18, 2005 1:42 pm

Hi,

I know for sure that the lenses I owned for my Nikon film camera [N75] fits the D70 [Nikkor AF "G"]. Nevertheless, I don't know if they fit [and work] for the D70s.

Since I want to buy [soon] the body only, I must be 100% sure that they fit the "s".

I checked internet, but the info seems to be very clear for the D70 in this regard but not about the D70s.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

10boomer

RE: Question About Nikon D70s

Wed May 18, 2005 2:02 pm

The D70s is a new generation body and should be compatible with the AF G lens, the only Nikons I know that are not compatible with the AF G are the F-4, N90 and older. I found the following on line, hope it helps

The D70s employs the Nikon F lens mount for seamless compatibility with the comprehensive lineup of high - quality AF and AF- S Nikkor lenses long favored by professionals around the world for their superb color, high contrast and razor-sharp images, as well as for outstanding auto focus performance. The increasing family of DX Nikkor lenses designed for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras make the options even richer, delivering a wider variety of picture angles, higher performance, and out-standing center-to-edge - to-corner image quality.
Fly Gucci

TACAA320
Topic Author

RE: Question About Nikon D70s

Wed May 18, 2005 2:23 pm

10boomer

Thanks a lot.

I was working on that for a couple of days and I'm almost crazy. The info I found was very "confusing" in this regard, so I desperate need help like the one you just gave me.

Thanks [one more time].
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein