ua935

Singapore Photography - Info Required

Thu May 19, 2005 9:35 pm

Afternoon All,

I shall be in Singapore from 12 June until 15 June and again from late on 22 June until 24 June 2005.

Can anyone offer advice re photography at Singapore? Where are the best spots, how do you access them, what lenses are required and what is photography like from the viewing decks?

Do any of the local photographers fancy meeting up one day?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards Simon
Live every second like you mean it

1stspotter

RE: Singapore Photography - Info Required

Fri May 20, 2005 6:58 am

Hi Simon,
Both terminals at Singapore have an indoor observationdeck in the terminal. Although behind glass it is good for photos. The one at terminal 2 did not offer views because of scaffolding outside when I was there (november 2004). The deck of terminal 1 is quite big and overviews the northern runway. Aircraft on this runway can be photographed but for smaller aircraft like A320 a long lens 300mm+ is needed.
Parallel to the south runway a road runs where photos should be possible although the police might send you away. Also in the approach photos should be possibe.

Some info can be found on my website http://www.spottersunited.com

Marcel

paulinbna

RE: Singapore Photography - Info Required

Fri May 20, 2005 2:48 pm

I am going to add some thing to Marcel post. The runway end of the deck is good in the morning but in the afternoon you get a really good view of some of the gates, and anything that crosses to get to the other side of the airport.
Canon 50D user; 100-400 MM L IS 10-22 MM, 60MM Macro