Olympus C8080wz - Lens Add On Problems!

Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:48 am

I am by no means a pro but enjoy spotting and photography none the less. I have just upgraded to an Olympus c8080, with which I bought a 2 x telephoto lens and a wide angle lens. However whenever I use them the usual rectangular view through the viewfinder or on the lcd screen is cropped at the corners - giving a circular view. I have to use considerable zoom before this disappears although the wide angle is not as bad as the tele.

Is this normal or do I need some kind of an adapter to enable me to view the full screen?.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

So long 701, it was nice knowing you.

RE: Olympus C8080wz - Lens Add On Problems!

Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:45 am

With the telephoto lens adapter it may be expected that you'd get darkening in the corners apart from at the high end of the zoom range. It's just the way some of these lenses work. I'm surprised you get it with the wide angle angle adapter because you'd expect to use that at the low end of the zoom range. Are these lenses specifically for the 8080 or just generic ones?

Lens adapters can be different sizes and shapes depending on what lens elements are in them and some will be more restrictive than others.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain