senorcarnival

Alec Buck's EMS Helicopters

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:09 pm

This, ahem, young buck, contacted me regarding a picture I have in the DB of an EMS helicopter. He just wants to know if he can display it at his website, www.alecbuck.com, he seems to have a pretty extensive collection of EMS flight paraphernalia in general.
I don't see why not say yes to him, but as no one has ever formally requested permission to use my pictures, is there any "form" contract or terms and conditions of usage that I should make him aware of, or just tell him to go for it? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

fergulmcc

RE: Alec Buck's EMS Helicopters

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:42 pm

The link don't work!!

Fergul Big grin
Zambian Airways, Where the Eagles fly free!!

willo

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:42 pm

You have a comma at the end of the link and it won't work! Try this one:

http://www.alecbuck.com/mambo/

I've just had similar request from a guy in Italy for use of one of my helicopter shots. Having looked at his site, which is a good quality gallery of mainly his own pictures, I agreed for my shot to be used. He also gives full credit, watermarks the pictures and will link back to your own site if required.

At least the Alec has asked first and not just stolen your shot, so as long as he's not making any money out of it, I would let him have it

cheers, Andrew

[Edited 2005-06-16 08:43:05]

redfox

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:44 pm

Alec has two of my EMS helicopter photos. On both occosions he has formally asked for permission. The website is private non commercial. I don't see why anyone would say no to the photo use request.

I do ask for payment if a website is commercial or for any commercial activity but Alex is young as mentioned and is doing no harm! The website seem just for fun!

Stephen Fox

DLKAPA

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:31 pm

Alec has a few of my EMS shots. He asked me the first time, I told him basically every time I post one he's welcome to post it on his site. His brother also has a fixed wing medevac website which displays a few of my shots, again by permission. They're just a couple of kids with tripod-like domains so I figure eh why the hell not?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

jorge1812

Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:22 pm

Also got a mail today. Again granted permission after he asked for one of my pics months ago. No problem for a private site.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Georg Noack
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Georg Noack

Georg.

senorcarnival

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:56 pm

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses!
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

Go3Team

Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:38 am

Alec asked for one of mine as well, all I asked was that credit was shown, which it was.
Yay Pudding!

GPHOTO

Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:43 am

It's a nice site. He has one of my photos too. He always asks very politely. I usually let him know now when I have a photo that might be of interest to him and tell him he can use it if he wants to.

If you are worried about any terms or conditions issues, just spell it out in your reply, i.e. you retain copyright etc.

Best regards,

Jim
Erm, is this thing on?