An-225
Topic Author

Badpersonal, Badborders And No Rejection Email.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:27 am

Ok, I was wondering if screeners could shed more info on this recent rejection.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...orthwestDC-10N221NWAMSrotation.jpg

It was rejected for badpersonal and badborders. I did not receive an email with rejection text and I'm not sure if I see any borders present in this picture.

Please elaborate.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Newark777

RE: Badpersonal, Badborders And No Rejection Email.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:55 am

For the borders, there seems to be a thin light line at the bottom, right above the black copyright bar. As for the e-mail, it will probably get to you, and it should have the personal message in it.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

An-225
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:22 am

I still don't see the line. Screeners? Please share your input. To me, it appears that this picture was rejected by mistake. Should I appeal?

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

muchswatch

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:33 am

If you use hotmail, then switch it to something else, cause you will NOT get rejection emails.
CapitalOne & Direct Energy Sux

LeanOfPeak

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:10 pm

There is a light border all the way around it. I'm not a screener, but the line is there on the bottom, both sides, and the top. It should be visible if you make a new canvas a few hundred pixels bigger than the image in both height and width with a black or dark blue background (Screeners view images on blue) and paste the photo over the top. It'll also help to zoom in on it, but, at least on some monitors, it is not necessary to do so. It is definitely there.

WhyWhyZed

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:11 pm

Quoting An-225 (Reply 2):
I still don't see the line. Screeners? Please share your input. To me, it appears that this picture was rejected by mistake. Should I appeal?

It's a very faint white line about 1 or 2 pixels in width that goes around the WHOLE photo (See Sample)

It's a bit hard to see, but it's noticeable when you look at the copyright bar. If the screeners are referring to this, they really do have one hell of an eye sight! But I might be wrong, they may be referring to something else.

- Jason DePodesta

[Edited 2005-07-15 05:13:09]

LeanOfPeak

RE: Badpersonal, Badborders And No Rejection Email

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:15 pm

That'd be it.............

IL76

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:27 pm

I didn't screen this shot, but it's not level either. Needs CW rotation. Lightpost are no dependible reference at AMS. The buildings are.
As for the border... We screen on a dark background, so the borders are much better visible than on the white rejection link.
Hope this helps,
Eduard

PUnmuth@VIE

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:19 pm

The best thing to avoid this would be to select a unusual background color in your photo-editing program like red, yellow or pink and those white borders will be visible very easily.

Hope this helps to avoid further badborder rejections.
Peter
-

willo

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:44 pm

Peter

That is a very useful tip. I had a string of bad borders a while ago and had included an element to my workflow to check for borders. I will give your method a go as it sounds an easy measure to take to try eliminate the problem.

cheers,

Andrew

thumbsup 

Granite

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:28 pm

Alex

Small pinstripe border (visible on dark background) and also needs a little sharpening.

Re-process and re-upload.

Regards

Gary

scbriml

Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:56 pm

Can someone please explain to me why Hotmail user are not receiving rejection emails? I recieve acceptance emails OK, but no rejections and very frustratingly, no badpersonal emails.

It seems to be happening to all Hotmail users. It never used to be a problem, why is it now? WHY?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

Granite

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:38 pm

Steve

Suggest you take this up with Hotmail.

Have to say that Screeners get quite a lot of mail 'bounced back' from servers including Hotmail to say inbox is full and stuff like that. These include acceptance and rejection mails.

A lot per day is a little irritating. If people can spend the time to upload images, they can spend the time clearing their inbox.

Regards

Gary

scbriml

Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:15 pm

Gary,

This isn't the case for me, and I suspect a lot of the others who are complaining that we're not receiving rejection emails. I pay for the enhanced Hotmail service, so I have 2Gb of mailbox, of which I'm using about 5%.

As I have said, I receive acceptance emails and the general a.net email correspondance, but I haven't received a rejection email for some time (sadly, this isn't because I haven't had any rejections!)

All I'm asking is for someone to look at the issue. I'm not the only one asking.

Is there a way you can send me a test rejection message?

Meant to say, here's a thread in Site Related of others with the same problem.
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/site_related/read.main/38159/

[Edited 2005-07-15 11:17:57]
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

An-225
Topic Author

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:36 pm

Alright, I'll reprocess and reupload. Thank you for your help. Now, I'm wondering where the border came from...

Alex.

Granite

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:37 pm

Steve

You upload an image and I can easily reject it for you  Smile

This is really something the Screeners cannot advise on more than they have done so already. Best talking to Admin on the site, Henrik would be the best bet.

As far as I am concered, e-mail acceptances and rejections are processed with no problems, only full mailboxes and invalid addresses (yes we get them) are bouncing back.

Regards

Gary

An-225
Topic Author

Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:56 am

Now, I'm wondering what could have caused the border? I didn't do anything to this photo that I do to others, it was processed pretty much exactly the same. What could be wrong?

Alex.