DLKAPA
Topic Author

Everybody Has Missed The Point

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:32 am

On all sides, the point has been lost. What is airliners.net for? If it is what it was when I came here, then it was for looking at cool airplane pictures. Now to do that, the picture has to be level down to .00000000000000000000000001, the aircraft can be no more than 2 pixels from the edge of the picture, the image must be TACK sharp but god help you if there is a jaggy... get my point? We've lost the mark when it comes to what we're doing here. The most recent being the "Foggy Fisheye" rule that has so much clout covering it I can eat it with a spoon. All we should be doing here is keeping it simple and taking good looking pictures of airplanes... What I'm saying is, if you want amazing photographs, they aren't always going to be centered, and sometimes they won't even be completely visable (Peter Unmuth's 747 shot, for example) but it's a good, high quality picture and that's all that counts. If the motive might not suit one persons fancy but the photographer took the time to upload, then it is obviously worth displaying to someone, and i want to see it.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

TZ

RE: Everybody Has Missed The Point

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:38 am

You're exaggerating somewhat there, young man.

Tamsin
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images

NIKV69

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:42 am

My Lord is there any end to this?  banghead 

Someone please make it stop!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

administrator

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:43 am

There's always MyAviation.net. Airliners.net is about quality as defined by me and my crew.

This has been discussed to death in the past and I am therefore archiving this thread.

Regards,
Johan
Working on the site from morning 'till night that's livin' alright (1997-2007)