Stealthz

Quality-- Heat Haze

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:18 pm

Hi all,

I recently uploaded this KC-10, it was a longshot because of the extreme distance but I thought I had salvaged something..
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...n?filename=050810-6660-79-0710.jpg

It was rejected for Quality with a personal note .."Heat haze kills it"

I know there is some haze because of the distance but have seen much worse on the db(This is not an "it's not fair" post") .. IMO the bulk of the heat haze is aft of the KC-10 just where you would expect a trio of big GEs to be blowing it!

Is this a fair comment?

Regards

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

GPHOTO

RE: Quality-- Heat Haze

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi Chris,

I don't think they'd reject for the disturbed air after the aircraft.

There is heat-haze visible across the airframe. It makes areas such as the wing leading edge, for example, look 'unstraight'. Look under the belly too. By unstraight, I don't mean like jaggies, its a sort of small and subtle wobbliness that is caused by heat haze on areas that should be without deviation. With luck you can sometimes make it disappear from view by making the image smaller so it is lost in the shrinking if you see what I mean, but that is not much use to you on this image I know.

I know you couldn't avoid it, but I see why the screeners came to their decision.

Best regards,

Jim
Erm, is this thing on?