Airdolomiti
Topic Author

Ljubljana Spotting?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:36 am

Hi,

I am planning to go to LJU Brnik airport this coming Saturday to pick up my brother (flying in on U2 from SXF). Does anyone know of any good spotting places there? I'd like to try out my new camera, even though I realize there isn't that much traffic there  Wink

Thanks
Federico

9A-CRO
Crew

RE: Ljubljana Spotting?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:50 am

first of all you have a terrace from you have clear view of tarmac

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tomislav Muic - CroSpotterTeam

there is no security but a fence wide enough to take photos with Fuji S602Zoom but a bit diffiuclt to shhoot places that are located on angle to the terrace

also there is a road parallel to runway and people spot from there.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

fergulmcc

RE: Ljubljana Spotting?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:06 pm

There is a terrace in the airport and you can do some spotting from there but the bars are quite close so if you have big lens in can be difficult. I have a 70-200 but managed to put it right up against the railing and get one or two shots like this one.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Fergul Mc Clean

I managed to contact another photographer in Slovenia and he gave me this

Quote:
For spoting planes, there is a terase with small bar, but not siutable for good pictures after 10:00 in the morning because of the sun.The most of traffic is in the morning, betwen 07:00 and 08:30 and afternoon after 17:00. There are also other pik times, depends on charter flights. For Photo spoting is better position on the south-west side along the runway, but the road is in bad condition. http://www.lju-airport.si/eng/default.asp In Bled area you can find sport airfield Lesce-Bled, where you can sit in restaurant, watch sport planes including a lot of gliders and even can fly to the mountains.

Now about 40km away is a small airfiled near Bled area, Lesce. You can get a few other photos of some Antonovs AN-2 and if you're lucky you can get the Slovenian Airforce. You can also go up in a Cessna or a glider, depending on your wallet. There are some very nice views of the lake area.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Fergul Mc Clean

View Large View Medium

Photo © Fergul Mc Clean
View Large View Medium

Photo © Fergul Mc Clean

Hope that helps

Fergul  sun 
Zambian Airways, Where the Eagles fly free!!