JohnJ
Topic Author

Bad Motive Waiting To Happen?

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:23 pm

I snapped the reject in the link below on an overcast morning while waiting for an outbound flight at Connecticut's Bradley Airport last week. The shot isn't great, and not surprisingly was rejected for bad quality. I generally like the angle, though, and wouldn't mind trying this shot again in better lighting. I'm worried that the clutter in front of the runway (antenna, highway sign, etc.)will render this particular shooting location a "bad motive" regardless of how crisp the featured airplane turns out. Should I write off this location or try using another one of my precious upload shots on it in the future?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/...ctions/big/ups_n135up_ain_2795.jpg

[Edited 2005-09-04 06:24:22]

DLKAPA

RE: Bad Motive Waiting To Happen?

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:28 pm

Actually, I think if you framed it so that the center of the aircraft and the center of the highway sign line up, it would look quite good.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

JeffM

RE: Bad Motive Waiting To Happen?

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:53 pm

Quoting JohnJ (Thread starter):
Should I write off this location or try using another one of my precious upload shots on it in the future?

Personally I would. I don't think the foreground or background helps your photo in the least.