jmcmorante

Airliners. Net Photographer

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:22 pm

What is necessary to be an Airliners.Net photographer. I see many of you just traveling around in many airlines and taking pictures. Is this a job possibility here or what would someone need to do to be an Ailiners.net photographer?

unitedgirlie

RE: Airliners. Net Photographer

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:24 pm

I thought it was those guys who spend all their time at the end of the runways!

jmcmorante

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:26 pm

Well Im just trying to figure out if its people whose actual jobs are being photographers for this site or is it just a hobby thing?

GLAGAZ

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:28 pm

Quoting Jmcmorante (Reply 2):
Well Im just trying to figure out if its people whose actual jobs are being photographers for this site or is it just a hobby thing?

Its just a hobby for most, although some are professional photographers who happen to love aviation. I think this will be moved to the photography forum shortly.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

jmcmorante

Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:31 pm

How do they get permission to ride in the cockpits though? I see many in cabin shots. Well I was just curious. Dont flame me for not posting in the right forum by the way im fairly new here and just getting used to the system.

TG990

Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:06 pm

I've just uploaded my first couple of pics, which were denied........but it's all part of the learning. I'm no professional, I just have a real passion for aviation!

I think it's all you need to start with, the passion. Jump out there with your camera, the crew let you know if your pics are up to standard or not and what you can do to improve.......great way to start aviation photography!

As GLAGAZ said, this should probably be in the Photography Forum, you'd get better answers there...

KFLLCFII

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:15 pm

Jmcmorante,

There is no requirement to be an a.net photographer other than having access to a decent camera and posessing good photo-processing skills. You don't have to "sign up" to become a photographer; you just take some shots, edit them to the a.net standard, and upload them to the site through the upload page! If the a.net screeners deem them to be of a.net quality, they will then be added to the database. It's that easy!
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

1MillionFlyer

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:42 pm

Quoting Jmcmorante (Reply 4):
How do they get permission to ride in the cockpits though?

You cannot get permission to sit in the cockpit. 99% of the shots are taken by pilots who happen to be photographers. (At least in the US)

if the plane is at the gate you can usually get a pcture though.
Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

scott0305

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Cockpit shots - easy if you're a pilot!

bmibaby737

Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey

It's a hobby for probably everyone, though people sell photo's to earn money on something they like to do.

Jimmi

flydubai

Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:00 pm

Quoting Jmcmorante (Thread starter):
what would someone need to do to be an Ailiners.net photographer?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/

flydubai

dean

Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:36 am

Cockpit shots: You have to be a lucky man. If you have a pilot friend that's not a problem anymore to take pictures inside the cockpit. Sometimes the captain ask me not to upload the pictures, but personally I take photos for my own collection not for a.net. Of course I have some pictures online, but most of the photographers here, take those pictures just for their albums, collections etc. And A.net is a very good opportunity to share it  Smile

dcrusafon

Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:53 am

Quoting Jmcmorante (Thread starter):
I see many of you just traveling around in many airlines and taking pictures

In my case, I'm really lucky as I use to fly many times due to my work and I work for an Airline so sometimes they allow me to fly in cockpit  

I always bring my camera with me as I try to have some freetime to go and make some pictures 

For me it is a hobbie but sometimes I have some special requirements from the Operation Dpt.  

What you need to become an airliners photographers is just go to www.airliners.net/addphotos  Smile
DARIO

[Edited 2005-09-04 23:55:16]

jspitfire

Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:04 pm

I am currently a student at the local flying school, so I'm out at the airport almost every day, and my camera always comes with me. There usually isn't too much interesting, but I've had a few opportunities to go inside some very nice aircraft. I'm not one of the spotters who goes out to the airport specifically to take pictures, but I definitely enjoy taking them when I can.

Jason