Fly747
Topic Author

Will This Get Nailed For Motive?

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:27 pm

I marked it as a nose shot which was my main motive but who knows, right? Your thoughts please and thank you.

Ivan

waketurbulence

RE: Will This Get Nailed For Motive?

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:30 pm

Man, that is a great shot! Motive wise I love it, but I am not sure if it qualifies as a nose shot or not, I can't recall what that says on the upload page. BTW what is the RIO doing with his hands??? A very interesting shot nonetheless.
-Matt

Fly747
Topic Author

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting WakeTurbulence (Reply 1):
BTW what is the RIO doing with his hands???

Hey Matt,
he was clapping his hands which was pretty funny I thought. Must have been one hell of a ride  Smile

waketurbulence

Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:48 pm

If that shot makes it in, I am voting for photog's choice for sure. That is too funny!
-Matt

KLGAviation

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:11 pm

Excellent shot!!

Motive looks good to me. But, I would upload at 1024* as the shot is a bit soft. Making it smaller would quarantee that the quality is acceptable.

Chris
There is a fine line between a picture and a photo. The latter seems to be disappearing.

Psych

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:18 pm

Hello Ivan - How's it going?

Congratulations on nailing this shot - I really hope it makes it through the screening process. It would seem to me that labelling it as a nose shot is appropriate. I like to see that human element of the guy behind clapping, and don't think it detracts from the main subject being the plane - but we know there have been 'healthy' debates about such things in the past and the screeners will have to accept that he/she was not your main motive.

Out of interest, would it have been possible to crop the photo slightly differently so that the 'curve' behind the canopy could be seen to meet the fuselage? At present that crop very slightly leaves it with a 'chopped off' feel for me - hopefully only a very minor motive issue. But then I guess you may have felt it would be more than a nose. Anyway, just a thought.

Take good care.

Paul

Fly747
Topic Author

Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:20 pm

Thanks for you comments so far. I uploaded a different crop, as Paul suggested. The aircraft does not have a chopped off feel to it but now there is a sloping taxiway visible in the foreground making the image seem unlevel. It is level if you look at the to edge of the runway though. That should not be a problem however. I assume anyway. Let me know which image I should leave in the queue. Also I did not check the "nose" option because now it shows the front half of the F-18 and also if you click on the help link it says it only applies to airliners. Thanks again.
Edit: it also got some more USM.

Ivan

[Edited 2005-09-05 16:22:55]

Psych

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:10 am

Hello again Ivan.

I have to say that I prefer the second image for sure. Though I can't find the exact words to explain, the image now looks more 'complete' to me. Though a bit trivial, it is also nice to be able to see the complete 'Canada' on the fuselage.

The 'level' issue looks fine to me too.

Good luck with it - let us know the outcome Ivan.

Paul

SA006

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:13 am

The reworked image looks much better but I would suggest you upload it at 1024 , the quality will increase slightly with a smaller size. Definitely not a nose shot as well.

Heres what it says on the upload page about nose shots:

Mark this checkbox if the photo is picturing a closeup of an aircraft nose. Note that this does not include photos picturing the front half of an aircraft

So , not a nose photo.

Very funny photo as well. Big grin

-SA006  wave 
Proudly South African

Fly747
Topic Author

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:58 am

Well, after a NOA_soft rejection I reworked the image and here it is. I'm very happy that this one made it in. Thanks for everyone's input again.

Ivan

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ivan Kresanek

Psych

Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:26 am

Hi Ivan,

Great to see that the recropped version was accepted - a nice addition to the database.

Well done.

Paul