vir380

Photo Sales Stats

Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:41 pm

Hi all , i was just looking through the sales stats on "my photos" and noticed that on the 13th August i sold 45 prints ... now this got me wondering , i then started looking through my additions around 4/5 days prior to this date trying to work out which was the picture that created this interest ...

I came up with pretty much nothing .... so then i started wondering has someone/shop etc purchased 45 of a particular print then to retail on again ..

is there anyway of finding this info out ... i know the question was asked a while back and they couldnt ...

This has really got me intrigued

any one had something similar ?

regards Tony
Moved away from this lost website to better things !

tfsphoto

RE: Photo Sales Stats

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:11 pm

Howdy Tony,

Johan did comment in a previous post about this.. He said that all photo sales are done through a printing company (cant remember which one) and they do not recieve any kind of stats, or imput from which photos are sold.

Ive now sold 13 prints and i havnt a clue as to which photo's they are! It would be cool if we knew, even by a photo ID which we had sold.. But if i remember correctly he said that he didnt have any plans to imput this feature.

Ill scout round now for that other post..

Cheers,

Lew

tfsphoto

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:17 pm

Howdy Again Tony,

From The following post: Photo Sales (Request) (by TFSPhoto Jul 23 2005 in Site Related)

Quoting Administrator (Reply 3):
This is a clearly a lacking feature of the photo sales function. It has been discussed before and I am sorry to say that I cannot give you any other answer then I did then: It's a feature we would love to implement but cannot do that due to the way the information retrieval system works (with Photobox who handles all sales). It is a feature we hope to be able to implement in the future.

Regards,
Johan

Hope this helps,

Lew

Stealthz

Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:12 pm

Lew,

I hope it helps Tony.

Doesn't really answer the question ... if Photobox cannot provide photoid of prints they supply( and have requested from the db) then a new print supplier is needed.

This is a most basic B2B supply chain function that it just amuses me why it seems so difficult here!!

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!