photolppt

Free Image Recovery Tool

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:01 pm

Hi All,

I've had the need to recover some precious images from a formatted CF card. Needless to say, the card shouldn't had been formatted in the first place, but that's a different story.

Anyway, I've found this tool: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

It's the simpliest, most effective piece of software I've seen in a long time. It asks you no questions, other that where are the deleted files and where should they be kept after recovery. And the best part is that it's free!

It recovered all the images on the 1Gb CF card, even some I had deleted some months ago. Only condition for the recovery to be effective is that the file has not been overwritten by more recent data.

So I thought I'd let you know, in case it comes handy for someone in the future.

Regards
Luis Pontes - Lisbon Spotters

edoca

RE: Free Image Recovery Tool

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:51 am

Hi Luis,

Seems like a great tool, thanks for the info! I just had a look on the website and read about the supported file formats. I don't know if you have more info about it, but do I understand correctly that Nikon NEF (raw) files would not be recognised/recovered (i.e. only jpg)?

As a member of the Nikon Minority around here, that would be a concern of course  Wink