Topic Author

Rejected Photos, As Usual!

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:39 am

Hi guys. I got this picture rejected two weeks ago for NOA_soft. So I sharpened it a but and re-uploaded it. I got it rejected this time for NOA_quality and NOA_grain. Why weren't these issues addressed the first time? Or can they be a result of the sharpening? I love this angle, even though it is quite common, and it is probably one of my favorite picture attemps. Any thoughts guys?

There's also these that were rejected for quality, and I know there's not much I can do about a quality rejection, but I just feel like sharing them.  Smile

(I'm actually surprised that last one did not get NOA_dark, but I guess the quality issue regards all of it.

Last, but not least, is this shot I took which I absolutely fell in love with right away. I think it may be a little dark and a little too contrasted, but it got rejected for motive, where as I have seen MANY pictures with the same angle. Is there any way I can bring it up to par?

Thanks a million guys. I finally got photoshop and all it did was help bring down my acceptance ratio...I think it's around 11% now, haha.

TIS Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

RE: Rejected Photos, As Usual!

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:46 am

It seems to me that you are over processing your photos way too much. Use a good workflow by one of the guys on That should help you a bit.

RE: Rejected Photos, As Usual!

Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:49 am

You have good starts with those photos, but it is hard to tell if you can fix them or not. The quality and grain issue probably came after you sharpened and reuploaded the first shot. The other 2 quality shots have grain in them as well. The dark rejection is not too bad, the only thing I don't like about all your photos is how bright the sky is, it is distracting to my eyes. Try shooting in softer light, it will make your photos more appealing. If you want you can email me the originals, and I will have a go at them to see what I can do. Good luck in the future.