digby

No Room For Creativity.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:16 am

Hi all,
I just wanted to share a recent rejection with you. The rejection of course was for "badmotiv", (a rejection I'm sure most of you have received) but I find it sad that there isn't much room for creativity on this site. Photography in it's essence is about creativity, and it seems (on here) stifled at times. Some creative images do get on from time to time, but I wish there was room for more.

Cheers

David.M.

My rejection
Friends don't let friends shoot Nikon!

Ryan h

RE: No Room For Creativity.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:33 am

David that is a good shot.

I have not seen you around the airport much lately.

On the subject or rejects
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/9m-mrd-2.JPG
was rejected for soft.

However Jetphotos.net accepted it with no problems.
South Australian Spotter www.ryanhothersall.net

WhyWhyZed

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 am

Quoting Digby (Thread starter):
Hi all,
I just wanted to share a recent rejection with you. The rejection of course was for "badmotiv", (a rejection I'm sure most of you have received) but I find it sad that there isn't much room for creativity on this site. Photography in it's essence is about creativity, and it seems (on here) stifled at times. Some creative images do get on from time to time, but I wish there was room for more.

Cool shot, some nice details too. But as we all know, a.net is a database, and not a personal photo album. 99% of the time, if there isn't a shot like it on a.net, it won't get accepted.

Quoting Ryan h (Reply 1):
On the subject or rejects
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/9m-mrd-2.JPG
was rejected for soft.

That is definitely soft, especially the titles, and the surrounding areas. The rest is also soft, but not as bad.

Just my opinions,

- Jason DePodesta

waketurbulence

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:59 am

I am in agreement in wishing A.net accepted some more creative shots, but I will say, you can't blame them. They have a formula they like to stick to, and it works for them. I talked to a screener once about a photo he took of titles close like this and it was also rejected for motive, so you're not alone. If you guys aren't happy with A.net upload at another site. With regards to 'soft' shot, I would say it is a little soft. JP doesn't have as high of standards as A.net so that could be a reason it was rejected here an accepted there.
-Matt

digby

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:07 am

Matt,
I don't blame anyone, nor did I think I was alone. I just wish that A.net could accept more creative images. After all, look at the images which get the views. They are normally the more creative ones, where the photographer had to spend a lot of time perfecting the frame and waiting for the right moment.

Cheers

David.M.

waketurbulence

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:17 am

David, I am in total agreement. It is hard to read into how someone writes a comment. I wasn't saying you were blaming them. I was using the collective "you". Sorry if you had a misunderstanding. I also agree that the more popular shots are the ones people try to capture as art vs. data. People, including myself like to look at beautiful photos. On a side note, I read that a photographer has less than 1/2 a second to catch the attention of a person looking through photos, before they scan it and move to the next. Good photos catch the eye of a looker and keep their attention.
-Matt

EGGD

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:43 am

Wow, that's a fantastic image! The only complaint I could see them having is the tiny jaggies around the window frames. But apart from that it's superb!

Dehowie

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:59 am

Great shot David
It would look great in any book,calender or magazine.
Great composition and nice colors.
Few jaggies on the windows but thats easily fixed.
Darren
2EOS1DX,EF14.2.8LII,17TS,85/1.2,16-35L,24-70LII,24L,70-200F2.8LII,100-400,300/400/500/800L

photopilot

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:30 am

Well David, for damn sure that's the kind of shot A.net needs more of. You can shoot and endless succession of boring photos out a window of an aircraft and just have a piece of the wing, a winglet or the same type engine housing/pylon we've seen a thousand times and of course that shot is accepted. But show something creative like you've captured, with great graphic detail and compositon and you get bad motive.

We should start a new category for many of A.net's posted photos.
BadSame or BadBoring.

Keep up the good work and hopefully at some point the powers in charge will see the error of their ways.

Thanks for posting a great image.

Steve

eadster

Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:38 am

David, I understand where you are coming from. The more creative shots I find are alot more intersting.

I know your work and realise its of a high standard. If A.net are willing to reject that then its their loss not yours.

Quoting WakeTurbulence (Reply 3):
If you guys aren't happy with A.net upload at another site.

Some people upload to both. But while people upload here, surely we are allowed to discuss the criteria of acceptance. Doing this sheds light as to why a shot was rejected/accepted.

On that note, I have learn't that if I try anything that may fall into the "creative" catagory, then I do upload elsewhere. Anything that isn't a side on shot, goes to another site, or my own.

Quoting Digby (Thread starter):
Some creative images do get on from time to time, but I wish there was room for more.

There was talk a while ago about having section like this but didn't go much further than a discussion that I was aware of.

Once again, David, I really enjoy looking at your photos and its a shame that it wasn't accepted. Keep up the good work.

Martin

DLKAPA

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:36 pm

David, your photo is absolutely stunning. The way the lines work with the fuselage, The way the colors interact with the eye, it doesn't even feel like I'm looking at an aircraft, the texture is impeccable. Amazing photo.

Quoting WakeTurbulence (Reply 3):
I would say it is a little soft. JP doesn't have as high of standards as A.net so that could be a reason it was rejected here an accepted there.

I disagree. While Jetphotos.net does tend to have a lower standard for novice uploaders, they don't for seasoned photographers. Their screeners know what to expect out of the experienced crowd and hold them to that standard. I like it because it gives the novice room for improvement while ensuring top quality photos from the big names.

And for some reason, I like looking at Chui's shots on Jetphotos  Wink
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

airsnaps

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:57 pm

David,

A fantastic photo but yet again one which we have been denied of the deserved viewing pleasure.

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 10):
The way the lines work with the fuselage, The way the colors interact with the eye, it doesn't even feel like I'm looking at an aircraft, the texture is impeccable. Amazing photo.

Couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing this one here.

Psych

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:32 pm

Firstly, I really hope this thread continues to produce some interesting, constructive debate. This is the kind of thing this Forum needs at the moment, as it feels too many are currently disenchanted.

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 2):
But as we all know, a.net is a database

I agree with Jason that this is what is often said of A.net. But then I am left confused on what basis photos such as those of the outside scenery from the cabin; sunset silhouette shots; close up's of wheel bogies touching down (just to name a few, all of which I greatly enjoying viewing myself) are acceptable. I don't see how such photos enhance a 'database' for that registration particularly. My view is they enhance the variety of high quality photographic imagery offered to the viewer by the site, and I'm all in favour of that.

I know in the end we have no say in what is in and what is not, but it is the struggle to understand the internal consistency of the acceptance criteria which comes up again and again.

I approve of these more 'artistic' aviation images and I am one of those who think it would be good for the site (without detracting at all from its database role), as I also agree that it is often these kind of more 'atypical' shots that attract viewers' attention (and thus get them viewing more adverts too).

A really good debating issue.

Paul

fergulmcc

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:03 pm

Quoting Psych (Reply 12):
I agree with Jason that this is what is often said of A.net. But then I am left confused on what basis photos such as those of the outside scenery from the cabin; sunset silhouette shots; close up's of wheel bogies touching down (just to name a few, all of which I greatly enjoying viewing myself) are acceptable. I don't see how such photos enhance a 'database' for that registration particularly. My view is they enhance the variety of high quality photographic imagery offered to the viewer by the site, and I'm all in favour of that.

Paul has nailed this on the head, well said Paul.
Dam good shot David and for once a nice perspective than your usual boring side-on's. It's a pity it was rejected.

Quoting Psych (Reply 12):
I approve of these more 'artistic' aviation images and I am one of those who think it would be good for the site (without detracting at all from its database role), as I also agree that it is often these kind of more 'atypical' shots that attract viewers' attention (and thus get them viewing more adverts too).

Me too, keep them up David, it will give others more ideas.

Take care

Fergul  sun 
Zambian Airways, Where the Eagles fly free!!

Stealthz

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm

David, that is a great shot that in addition to it's "art" value shows close up detail few of us get a chance to see.

I agree totally with what Paul, Fergul and others have said about this subject.

The subject of creativity at A.net, no room for that... only safe side on shots because those are Johan's rules right??
The screeners are only enforcing what Johan wants for the db right??

Anyone taken the time to look up Johan's profile? Like many other members he has taken the time to set up a personal album, in his case he called it "Editors Choice", go take a look, not a lot of safe side ons in that gallery of creativity!!

Regards

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

scbriml

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:22 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 10):
it doesn't even feel like I'm looking at an aircraft

And that just about sums up the rejection. Sad but true.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

glennstewart

Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:35 pm

Hi David,

Long time!

Love your shot! I can't explain why.
That's the problem....My feelings about your photo are as per any work of art. More of personal, subjective opinion.

You already know we stay within boundaries for a reason. Put simply, any further expansion of the guidelines to which we screen, will only lead to less objectivity.... a can of worms in anyone's book.

I have to leave as much of my personal opinions out of screening as possible. I must have reasons for every rejection, and most of the screening rules allow for black and white decisions. Some require experience for a decision. Some require knowledge about types. Some require knowing the content of the database.

We try to be as clear as possible about motiv, so you know in uploading this shot.... while nice to look at, doesn't really meet the criteria.
If I were to accept a close-up like this, then my bias, my human feelings about your shot would only lead to treating others unfairly.

How could such close-ups be defined? Is there an objective way of including such shots fairly? Maybe? Don't think we've come up with a way though.

So for the moment, unfortunately... it can't be accepted.

Nevertheless, your feedback to the forum is worthwhile. You never know. In the future we might expand guidelines to allow artistic shots... and as in the past, views of the members of this site are taken into account in order to improve the site.
Respected users.... If my replies are useful, then by all means...

jwenting

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:03 pm

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 2):
99% of the time, if there isn't a shot like it on a.net, it won't get accepted.

And if there is it gets rejected as "baddouble"  Smile
I wish I were flying

fergulmcc

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:23 pm

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 17):
And if there is it gets rejected as "baddouble"

LMFAO  laughing 

Fergul  sun 
Zambian Airways, Where the Eagles fly free!!

TZ

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:42 am

The screeners, head screeners and Johan have reviewed the image and spent some time discussing it.

The good news is that we agree with almost all of what has been said, and to expand on Glenn's comments (Reply 16), we all love the shot. Unquestionably outside the conventional bounds of airliners.net material, but we don't care because we all enjoy the shot and its obvious artistic merit.

Please don't forget that ANY shot is welcome here if it stands out on its own as a stunning image. David's image does just that, and that's why we welcome it, and other images which combine an observant eye with outstanding technical merit.

David - Please appeal the shot and we'll ensure it is accepted under appeal.

Tamsin
a.net Head Screener
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images

apuneger

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:47 am

That is one amazing image indeed. I can already see it in another book on special liveries...on the cover that is. Absolute stunning photo, and amazing colours!

Greets,
Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

9VSPO

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:03 am

If I may could I just add my 2c. For me the image just doesn't say anything. Yes it is sharp and clear and close-up but I agree that there is bad motiv there. It is a great attempt to capture a fantastic colour scheme but IMHO it just doesn't look right, sorry.  Sad

Psych

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:14 am

Good to see this thread moving forward.

Quoting Tamsin (Reply 19):
Please don't forget that ANY shot is welcome here if it stands out on its own as a stunning image

Tamsin - I know these things are ultimately subjective, but is it at all possible to expand on this statement? I think part of the problem facing the site at present is precisely that people wouldn't expect you to say this - there is a view out there that A.net will simply not accept certain kinds of motives - even stunning ones.

I hope we can take this further forward.

Paul

DLKAPA

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:23 am

Yeah seriously the idea of "Stunning" and "artistic" needs to be elaborated on. I'd really like to see a.net go in that direction because really, it'd give me something to shoot for  Wink
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

PUnmuth@VIE

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:41 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 23):
I'd really like to see a.net go in that direction because really, it'd give me something to shoot for

Did someone say "Spot on the nose" to this statement: "Photograph for YOU and not for the viewer" some threads ago? http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_photography/read.main/204079/4/

[Note the smiley

[Edited 2005-10-24 20:43:39]
-

9VSPO

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:11 am

Quoting PUnmuth@VIE (Reply 24):
"Photograph for YOU and not for the viewer"

If that were the case then this site would have no images.
 Wink

Granite

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:17 am

Hi all

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 25):
"Photograph for YOU and not for the viewer"

If that were the case then this site would have no images.

Poppycock.

Regards

Gary

9VSPO

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:26 am

Quoting Granite (Reply 26):
Poppycock.

Blimey! Not heard that word in a long time... Big grin

I don't disagree...always take pics for yourself

Wise words sir!  Silly

DLKAPA

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:20 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 23):
Yeah seriously the idea of "Stunning" and "artistic" needs to be elaborated on. I'd really like to see a.net go in that direction because really, it'd give me something to shoot for Wink

Did someone say "Spot on the nose" to this statement: "Photograph for YOU and not for the viewer" some threads ago?

Yes, but what gets displayed isn't nearly all of what is photographed even though I'd like it to be  Wink

eadster

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:34 am

Glenn - that is the most clarification I've heard on upload criteria and I thank you for that. Although still a little vauge.

What worries me is that this reject had to be discussed in a forum for it to be reconsidered as an acceptance.  Sad

Photograph for YOU and not for the viewer"

That was me and I still stand by it but in David's case I was wrong!

All in all its good too see that the pic will be in the database!!  Big grin

TZ

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:01 am

Quoting Eadster (Reply 29):
What worries me is that this reject had to be discussed in a forum for it to be reconsidered as an acceptance.

Given that the shot was not appealed nor sent to Johan, nor emailed to Screeners and not emailed to Head Screeners, what grounds are there for you to be worried? Screeners read this forum and quietly behind the scenes take decisive action. In this case we decided that the initial rejection should be overturned.

Now, explain to me why that is worrying? I dithered as to whether to "go public" on this forum about the decision. I wanted to demonstrate that we are willing to admit mistakes, willing to listen to our customers, and prepared (when the conditions are right) to accept out-of-the-box images. I was concerned that some would take it as an opportunity to criticise the screening team for something.

So, we did bad by rejecting it, now we done bad by reversing our decision and accepting it. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.  irked 

TZ

javibi

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:11 am

@Tamsin

You did right, period.

j

P.S: Nice shot

Psych

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:16 am

Tamsin - I know I am not alone in being very grateful for the interventions of screeners here, so please don't feel downhearted.

Can I go back to my previous question - I would not have expected David's photo to be accepted, but am very pleased to see that it will be. Is there any way of taking the opportunity to spell out once again what the implications are for such a decision, in terms of helping clarify for photographers what it is worth their while submitting.

Once again, I fully accept the essentially subjective nature of this issue, but I think some greater shared understanding between Johan/screeners and the photographers as to what 'creative' or 'artistic' images might be considered as acceptable would be a real move forward. It will help us all move away from the notion held by some out there that A.net won't accept anything but 'boring' shots.

Cheers.

Paul

Ander

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:30 am

Glenn,
Thank you for your post. Must admit it all makes sense. I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.
Tamsin, admitting and correcting a mistake will only make you greater.
Thumbs up to the whole crew!! I am so happy to see that sensitivity, feelings and good taste play their part in this game, not just strict guidelines and criteria.
David, your shot is A M A Z I N G !!!!

Ander
Born to tri.

norfolkjohn

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:32 am

Tamsin,

Your willingness to go public on this matter is a VERY positive gesture and I'm sure it is appreciated by many. I don't think anyone can or should criticize the screeners for reconsidering the shot in question and it is great that it will now go into the DB.

I think perhaps the "worry" is the number of people that have had unusual shots rejected in the past and simply given up on the notion that anything out of the ordinary has a chance of being accepted on A.Net. I certainly have felt this way and have deliberately NOT uploaded certain more "artistic" types of shot in recent times.

I have to say that when I saw the comments from one of your colleagues in reply 16 it further convinced me that this site was not likely to welcome more creative shots but your post of this evening has rather changed my view and I may now, occasionally, submit some more unusual pictures. This said I know and accept that their acceptance or rejection will probably be a subjective decision but that is fine. What matters is that the shots will at least be considered.

I like to think that your comments will encourage others to submit more unusual and creative pictures as I think this will be good for all of us.

All the best,

John  Smile
One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.

eadster

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:18 am

Tamsin, I was not having a go at you nor was I saying that it was a bad thing accepting the shot. I really used the wrong words and Im sorry if you saw it as an attack at the screening crew. I am pleased the shot is now accepted and to add to that, I also think that the screeners making this decision public is great for the site. I have said many times that I appreciate the work that you guys do.

Quoting Norfolkjohn (Reply 34):
I think perhaps the "worry" is the number of people that have had unusual shots rejected in the past and simply given up on the notion that anything out of the ordinary has a chance of being accepted on A.Net. I certainly have felt this way and have deliberately NOT uploaded certain more "artistic" types of shot in recent times.

This is along the lines as what I should have explained. Sorry again for misleading you.

Silver1SWA
Crew

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:02 am

I agree with the original post 100% and it has been a complaint of mine for a while. This site needs more room for creativity IMO.

Quoting Glennstewart (Reply 16):
Put simply, any further expansion of the guidelines to which we screen, will only lead to less objectivity.... a can of worms in anyone's book.

Further expansion? It seems the guidelines are heading in the other direction. If the rules and guidelines were what they were a few years ago, maybe even months ago, there wouldn't be a need to expand the guidelines. The bar keeps being raised and it's making it harder to get shots on this site that might have made it once upon a time.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

digby

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:11 am

Hi all,

I firstly would like to thank the screening crew and Johan of course for reconsidering the image for addition to the database. It's great to see that forums can still have constructive comments and solutions can still be made. I'm not saying that by coming into the forum to argue my rejection, I'd hoped that the shot would have been accepted, rather I had hoped that I may have been able to clarify what was wrong with this type of image for the a.net database.

As for uploading creative/artistic shots -
I try to push the boundaries at times, when it comes to submitting the artistic type shot, and I'm sure the screeners out there can testify to this. However, if we do not try and push the boundaries in our own photography, then how can we ever get better at our craft.

Keep shooting for yourselves, and you will see what you can acheive.

Thanks again for the great comments, the photo has been re-edited to try and eliminate the "bad-jaggies" around the windows (a constructive comment I took notice of - as I hadn't seen the bad jaggies before. Cheers  Smile) and I have re-uploaded. I hope I haven't missed a dust spot or anything and have it rejected for baddirty!  Silly

Cheers

David.M.

Key

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:41 am

Quoting Norfolkjohn (Reply 34):
I'm sure it is appreciated by many

YEZ! And fully agree with the rest of this reply and similar entries.

David, fabulous shot, congrats!

Erik

TZ

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:08 pm

... and there you go!  Smile

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © David Morrell - Avid Creations

Quoting Eadster (Reply 35):
Tamsin, I was not having a go at you nor was I saying that it was a bad thing accepting the shot

Apologies if I misinterpreted you.

Quoting Psych (Reply 32):
I think some greater shared understanding between Johan/screeners and the photographers as to what 'creative' or 'artistic' images might be considered as acceptable

The subject is entirely subjective, and as hard as I have tried, I cannot find a way to express in words what is and is not acceptable. Please continue to submit unusual shots and we will review them. If your desire is to retain a 100% acceptance ratio then stay in the middle of the road. If you want to try something off-the-wall, make sure the quality (as with David's example) is outstanding.

TZ

jumbojim747

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:34 pm

Quoting Tamsin (Reply 39):
If your desire is to retain a 100% acceptance ratio then stay in the middle of the road.

Tamsin this might be hard to do as some would want to show the pic but do not want to register a rejection so that road doesn't look to rosy.
If i may suggest an option.
1- how about having an option to upload to MYaviation and if good enough to be considered for Anet.
That way it wouldn't register as a reject and people can upload to their hearts content without worrying about rejections.
The option shouldn't be too hard to implement as the option is there for Anet and Myav at the same time just switch the 2 around for another option.
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

TZ

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:44 pm

Quoting JumboJim747 (Reply 40):
Tamsin this might be hard to do as some would want to show the pic but do not want to register a rejection so that road doesn't look to rosy.

I am not diagreeing, but am saying that the choice is available to all. You can play it safe, or upload some stuff which tests the boundaries. The choice is entirely at everybody's own discretion (including my own when I upload my shots).

My point is this - please take as much "risk" as you feel comfortable with, but always bear in mind that a shot of abnormal motivation will always require great technical merit. Poor composition combined with poor execution does not equal "artistic". I'm quite sure I am teaching my grand-mother to suck eggs by saying this, but there it is anyhow.

TZ

IngemarE

Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:57 pm

Quoting Tamsin (Reply 41):
....teaching my grand-mother to suck eggs....

Almost forgot that expression!!  Glad you revived it!!   

Anyway,...good to see that pic in the DB!    It's now in my   -album!

[Edited 2005-10-25 15:59:14]
In thrust I trust.

dendrobatid

Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Quoting Glennstewart (Reply 16):
Love your shot! I can't explain why.
That's the problem....My feelings about your photo are as per any work of art. More of personal, subjective opinion.

Precisely Glenn. It is far more difficult to assess a photo like this rather than the more formulaeic way most photos are screened, more a qualitative basis rather than the aesthetics.

Quoting Tamsin (Reply 41):
You can play it safe, or upload some stuff which tests the boundaries.

This one has not only tested the boundaries, it has pushed them, and so be it. It is on the database, where it should be. The system has worked !
For those who are photographers who happen to photograph aircraft too, it is a good day.

Mick Bajcar

DLKAPA

Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:39 am

Quoting Dendrobatid (Reply 43):
For those who are photographers who happen to photograph aircraft too, it is a good day.

Amen to that.

Also, I have a suggestion to make, I know most of you here think I'm some smartass who only shoots Dash's in Podunk, Colorado, but I'm still going to make it. It seems to me that right now myaviation.net is looked down upon by all parties involved as sort of the unwanted stepchild, and as such is largely ignored by the outside viewer. I also think that myaviation.net is a very good way to display outside of the box photos that might be pushing a little too far for a.net, so I propose this: Like you link the "top of yesterday" and "photographer's choice" photos from a.net on the frontpage, why not do the same for myaviation.net? This will give viewers more interest in browsing over there, and at the same token it will give photographers extra incentive to push outside the normal a.net envelope and not risk as much "rejection syndrome" as we've just gone through.

eadster

Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:16 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 44):
Like you link the "top of yesterday" and "photographer's choice" photos from a.net on the frontpage, why not do the same for myaviation.net? This will give viewers more interest in browsing over there, and at the same token it will give photographers extra incentive to push outside the normal a.net envelope and not risk as much "rejection syndrome" as we've just gone through.

Yes I think this could be a good idea. Myaviation does need more exposure. This could be a great way to fix that.

digby

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Thank you to all the photographers out there who have recently voted my image as "Photographers Choice".
It's hard to imagine that a rejected photo could make it to photogs choice, but I have all of you on here to thank.

T-H-A-N-K-S!  Silly

Cheers

David.M.

EGGD

Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:39 am

Congratulations! It truly deserved to be added to the site and well done to the crew for acknowledging that.