Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

New Registration & The Auto Complete Function?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:26 am

Hi guys.

How do I deal with this rule at the top of the Photo Upload Page when a registration has changed from one aircraft type to another?

Note 2: Use of the Auto Complete Function is now mandatory when you have access to the aircraft registration.

I have a photo of a DHC-2 Beaver that I want to upload, however when I enter it's registration (C-FJEF) into the Auto Complete Function, the database shows the reg as belonging to a Learjet 35 .... which it did back in 2001.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rui Dias
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rui Dias

I then only get to chose one of two aircraft types .... a Learjet 35 or 35A.

If I just ignore the #2 rule from the Upload Page, and don't fill in the Auto Complete Function at the top of the page (even though it's mandatory to do so when you know the registration), will the photo and info upload OK? Or will I have a problem with the photo database not agreeing on what type of aircraft has C-FJEF for a reg?

I hope I explained my concern clear enough.

Thanks,

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

Fly747

RE: New Registration & The Auto Complete Function?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:59 am

I have done it in the past. I used the auto complete and just changed the info accordingly. Make sure you write a note to the screeners as well in the space provided on the upload page. Are getting all your proper info from the Transport Canada website?

Ivan

Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

RE: New Registration & The Auto Complete Function?

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:20 pm

Hello Fly747.

Thanks for your reply.

Quoting Fly747 (Reply 1):
I used the auto complete and just changed the info accordingly.

OK, that sounds like a good idea. I'll comply with the mandatory rule by completing the Auto Complete Function, but then I'll change the info in the Aircraft Type section.

Make sure you write a note to the screeners as well in the space provided on the upload page.

I will definitely send a note of explanation to the screeners as to why I changed the Auto Complete Function's info, otherwise I guess the photo upload process would malfunction, or maybe the photo would just be rejected for having the wrong info.

Are getting all your proper info from the Transport Canada website?

Yes I am ... as always. My photo acceptance ratio may be pathetic, but at least the info is correct! Big grin

Here's Transport Canada's info on this aircraft......

http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activep...&x_sort=1&x_start=0&x_searchtype=2

Here's a photo of the DHC-2 Beaver. This isn't the photo I'm going to upload though.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/29723160879.jpg&s=x2

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"