Workflow From RAW File Anyone?

Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:37 pm

I have been using Fergul's workflow for some time now with great success. Has anyone considered going forward with the development of a workflow starting with a RAW image? Canon Digital Photo Professional is a great program, but I find that it's difficult to integrate into current workflows. If anyone might be interested in writing the workflow, I would be willing to help produce it with screenshots etc..

RE: Workflow From RAW File Anyone?

Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:35 pm

Can anyone please link the Fergul's workflow. I am a amateur photographer having hard time getting my images on the DB. May be his workflow could help me.

Thanks / Regards

Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:18 am

Try this-
You can also access it from the photoupload page, the first page you see that has all of the terms and conditions.

That would be great but I think the problem here is the large number of RAW processing apps. you use DPP, many use ACR, there is also RAW Shooter Essentials, BreezeBrowser,CaptureOne as well as several versions of Canon FVU and ZoomBrowser and then the other manufacturers own products. Yes a RAW workflow would be great but it may be difficult to come up with something consistant.

I have used BB for years and it is simple and I thought it worked well for me, recently started using DPP, learning all over again!.

If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:23 am

Hi, if you visit this site:, you may have noticed that several months ago I was planning on updating it with a RAW workflow. Then 2nd year started and I got busy out my bunghole.

I'm hoping that as I update the rest of that I can add a RAW workflow page. Look for one by the end of november.

[Edited 2005-10-31 17:23:52]

[Edited 2005-10-31 17:24:49]
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:28 pm

There are several excellent workflows for RAW floating around the net.
I'll see what i can find tomorrow.
It really depends on what you are doing with the edited shot from publishing to online stuff like here and elsewhere.
One thing is it does allow you some more flexibility in playing with your photos in terms of levels etc.