flying-b773

Spotting In HKG And PEK

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:22 am

Hi Good day!

Just wanna try my luck to see if anyone who was on transit in HKG before. How are the photo opportunities inside the transit area? I would have about 4 hours inside there and would definitely wish to make the best use of my time.. My 4 hours will be during the noon to about 4pm ...

My next question; its with regards to in terminal spotting in PEK. ANyone had any experience there? care to share some advice? Also, if you know, is there a place near the airport perimiters where I can get taxi and/or approach shots? Will be there end Dec though..

Would really appreciate if you can give me some advice ... Thank you so much in advance..

Regards,
Jeffery

bubbles
Crew

RE: Spotting In HKG And PEK

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 am

Quoting Flying-B773 (Thread starter):
Also, if you know, is there a place near the airport perimiters where I can get taxi and/or approach shots?

Hi Jeffery,

I suggest you may contact some local spotters in Beijing who would be much familiar with the areas where you could get a look view to take photos.

You may check out the photos of PEK from the database, and then you may contact some local spotters.

_Hongyin_  wave 

Karlok

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:08 am

Hiya,

Check www.hkplanes.com for terminal shootings.

Kar-lok

Carpethead

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:00 pm

Shoot all you want from the terminals at PEK. Glass is relative clear.
There's a ton of construction going on to the east of the airfield.
No doubt the airport will be grand come 2008.

flying-b773

Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:35 am

Thanxs all for all the reply. You have been really helpful and I really appreciate it very much. Thank you once again.

Btw, Hongyin, do you happen to know any beijing spotters whom I can also seek their help help? sorry to bother regarding this as well..

regards,
Jeffery

bubbles
Crew

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:17 am

Quoting Flying-B773 (Reply 4):
Btw, Hongyin, do you happen to know any beijing spotters whom I can also seek their help help? sorry to bother regarding this as well..

Hi Jeffery,

I definitely will help you to contact a Beijing spotter who I know and see if he could help you out on this matter. I'm also a native of Beijing. However, I didn't get any chance to spot airplanes in PEK before I immigrated to Canada.

BTW, Jeffery, I have sent you my email address via Instant Msg.

Best regards,
_Hongyin_

[Edited 2005-11-08 17:47:10]