lufthansi

Sellstatistics Of Your Photos

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:25 am

Hi there!

Can anybody tell me about efforts in selling pics on a.net? Sadly only a few pictures of me where accepted by a.net. So I's like to get some information by the guys that get thousands of hits for each photo. Have you soled any of your photos via a.net? What about aviation magazines (AeroInternational)? Once a year they publish the best photos of a.net in a big special. How much money did you get? Have you sold anything to airlines? I saw the amazing cockpit shot of Patrick Lutz on a book cover in Germany. Any clue what those people earn with their photos? I think a lot of newspapers would like to publish the cockpit shot of the A380. Isn't that an opportunity to earn some money?

Would be interesting to hear about your thoughts and efforts!

Greetings from rainy Paris.

Stephan
Life starts at take-off!

Fiveholer

RE: Sellstatistics Of Your Photos

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:39 am

I sell maybe 3-5 photos/month through the site, which in turn I use to buy First Class membership, because I am a cheapskate. Big grin The good sales that I have made have been done through email from this site through the contact link. Unfortunately, only 3 of them have gone all the way through and I have seen checks. I am averaging about 250 USD per sale that way and I don't even have anything special.

Quoting Lufthansi (Thread starter):
I think a lot of newspapers would like to publish the cockpit shot of the A380. Isn't that an opportunity to earn some money?

Of course, thats why some people on here go nuts about getting "first" shots...it means money in their pockets a lot of times.

Danny
Bring back Bethune!

INNflight

RE: Sellstatistics Of Your Photos

Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi Stephan,

Rather than saying people with thousands of hits on their photos I'd like to say that people with many photos sell more. Hits usually don't do a thing on photo sales, unless of course, it's a special photo in terms of being newsworthy.

Quoting Lufthansi (Thread starter):
What about aviation magazines (AeroInternational)? Once a year they publish the best photos of a.net in a big special.

Just that you mentioned it, they only pay a little bit cash and send you a copy of the magazine for that. Not a big deal.

Speaking for myself, with the year coming to an end, I made close to 2500 US$ with photo sales, with all of them happening through the a.net email function.

3-5 photosales / month like Danny, I'm by far not close to that, but it's still great to make some cash with aircraft photos.

cheers,
Florian
Jet Visuals