lanpie

Need Opinion On Rejection

Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:30 am

Today I received an email from the screeners saying one or more of my photos was rejected

This one was rejected for bad motive.

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...?filename=pl09nov05acjazzcrjw2.jpg

Can other photographers or screeners give me their opinion about bad motive because I do not understand the bad motive reason for that photo.

Regards,

Pierre

bigphilnyc

RE: Need Opinion On Rejection

Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:06 am

I think photos like this are only good if there is something special about the winglet or if there is something notable in the background. Your photo has neither.
Phil Derner Jr.

lanpie

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:33 am

Thank you Phil,

I see the reflection of the winglet on the wing.

Pierre

jumbojim747

Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:36 am

Quoting Lanpie (Reply 2):
I see the reflection of the winglet on the wing.

that's the first thing i noticed when i opened the picture.
I like the pic but maybe it was rejected for the reason that not enough of the wing is visible .
ALso might be for the reasons that Phil pointed out.
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

lanpie

Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:09 pm

Thank you for your answer JumboJim 747.

I thought the reflection was an asset to the photo. When I looked at the photo, I see the details of the wing (leading edge, sections of the wing with rivets and part of the flaps) and the winglets with the sun reflecting it on the wing. I thought is was adding to the composition of the photo.

I know photography is an art and it can depend on the view of the beholder. It is unfortunate that the screener(s) did not see it the same I did.

Regards,

Pierre

yultopei

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 am

Hi Lanpie,

I love your picture but like pointed before, nothing notable in the back ground.

I have triying this kind of shot before with Westjet winglets but definitly, screeners prefer a nice back ground to a nice blue sky.

Finally this one pass : Little self plugging  veryhappy 

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © William Vogt

Best regard,
YULtoPEI
PEI in Colombia!!!. [Canon T2i]

lanpie

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:33 am

Thank you YULtoPEI for your reply.

I am thinking to appeal the rejection.

Regards,

Pierre

kmh1956

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:13 pm

The people who screen these photos....are they actually qualified to pass judgement on all your photos, or are they merely pompous amateurs trying to sound like professionals qualified to pass judgement on your photos?

Just askin'......
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

JeffM

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 7):
The people who screen these photos....are they actually qualified to pass judgement on all your photos, or are they merely pompous amateurs trying to sound like professionals qualified to pass judgement on your photos?

Depends on your definition of "Qualified". Professionals?....no. I doubt many earn their entire living from photography. Pompous amateurs?.... no, hardly. Qualified?...They've been given a set of rules to follow, and apply them, and were selected by the other "qualified" screeners based on a certain criteria. Does that fit your definition?

INNflight

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:57 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 7):

Airliners.net only has computers to screen photos. They're not very good at it sometimes. Amateur computers you could say.

Embarrassment
Jet Visuals