Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

Thanks For Your Help Guys - Accepted!

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:07 pm

Hi guys.

I just wanted to say "Thank You" for your very helpful info and suggestions on how to get this photo accepted. I really wanted this shot to make it because I took about 50 photos of her in search of just one good picture, and it's not every day you see a modified Turbo DC-3 exposed like this.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Coates

After the first upload it was rejected for Bad Quality & for not appearing level. Then with the helpful advice from a few members in this forum about how to NOT re-save the image after each & every editing change to help preserve the original image quality ... the quality was OK, but it was rejected again, this time only for the level problem (unfortunately the History of threads for this Forum is messed up and won't show any posts before November 18, 05, so I can't Thank the rest of you guys who helped me specifically - sorry).

Then after another weekend passed by & after some great help from Mygind66 about how to level it and re-crop it, I had a very pleasant surprise  spin  to come home to today (after a lousy day at work!).

Thanks Again guys.

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

f4wso

RE: Thanks For Your Help Guys - Accepted!

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:21 pm

Glad to see another DC-3 variant accepted as the 70th anniversary approaches on Dec 17, 2005 of the Douglas Sleeper Transport.
Gary
Cottage Grove, MN
Seeking an honest week's pay for an honest day's work

Mr Spaceman
Topic Author

RE: Thanks For Your Help Guys - Accepted!

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:38 pm

Hi guys.

Quoting F4wso (Reply 1):
the 70th anniversary approaches on Dec 17, 2005 of the Douglas Sleeper Transport.

Wow, the 70th anniversary of the Douglas Sleeper Transport is only 2 weeks away. That's amazing!  bigthumbsup  The DC-3 is an excellent aircraft.

The DC-3 in the photo (C-GEAI) was getting a new left engine and the wings were being X-rayed, etc, in preparation for it's return flight down to the Antarctic which occurred in early November. This aircraft is a cargo plane, and is currently flying from one base to another down there for the next few months while the weather is at it's best ..... according to a friendly man I talked to on the phone last week who works for the company.

Chris  Smile
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"