MarkusB
Crew
Topic Author

Fuerteventura (GCFV / FUE) Spotting Advice Needed

Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:39 pm

Hello all,

In January I will be on the Canary Island of Fuerteventura for a week of holidays and of course I am planning to take some pictures at FUE.

Any advice from locals - or spotters that have been there - concerning our hobby is much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Markus.

embraer145

RE: Fuerteventura (GCFV / FUE) Spotting Advice Needed

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:35 am

I have been there last year and only made a couple of shots from inside the terminal building. What I know is that you can make approach shots from outside the perimeter. I didn't have any trouble, but what I normally do at an unknown airport for myself, is going to the security department and ask if it is allowed to take pics without problems.
My experience is that they react very friendly and ask the name of the people you've spoken with. When somebody is asking you to leave is mentioning of the name most of the times enough to go on with our hobby.

Regards

Aart
DAI - Dutch Aviation Images.

MarkusB
Crew
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:47 am

Well, I was hoping that more than 1 photographer was willing to share her/his experience at FUE, but I guess I was wrong...  Wink

So thanks to Aart for the hints.

Markus

LGW

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:18 am

Markus,

I was in FUE in June of this year and it's a lovely island. Even though we were staying at the Barcelo in Caleta de Fuste which is under the flight path, I didn't go to the airport for photography because the number of movements were slow and sporadic.

I tended to relax on the beach with a beer and watch the arrivals come in over the beach.

I have a few photos from FUE on a.net although when I try to paste a link to them it messes up so you may want to use the search function if you fancy having a look

The ATR on approach was taken from Caleta beach, the HF A310 and DE 753 were taken from my hotel room and the rest taken from airside whilst waiting for my flight home.

Sorry I am unable to help much but I do know for sure there are places to shoot from, and if you have a car I would drive round the perimeter and follow your nose. I would also recommend dropping Dario (PMI based photog) an email, he has images on a.net from FUE and was very useful when I emailed him earlier this year on FUE.

Apart from that all I can say is to get out and enjoy the island, some great places to visit http://www.pbase.com/martlet/fuerteventura just a few non-aviation snaps

Enjoy your holiday

Cheers

Ben

pilot kaz

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:41 am

Quoting LGW (Reply 3):
Even though we were staying at the Barcelo in Caleta de Fuste which is under the flight path

Ohh I stayed there in 2000,

Nothing beat laying in the pool and watching a Britannia 757 in the classic scheme turning for final right over you  Silly
-

LGW

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:27 am

Quoting Pilot kaz (Reply 4):
Nothing beat laying in the pool and watching a Britannia 757 in the classic scheme turning for final right over you

Unfortulately all the BY aircraft I saw flying over me in the pool were the generic TUI blue  grumpy  seeing the MP MD11 approach over the Atlantic and Caleta beach at sunset was pretty good though

Cheers

Ben

airbusA346

Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:38 am

Quoting Pilot kaz (Reply 4):
Ohh I stayed there in 2000,

I was there last December, great hotel, and there was an IB aircraft which went right over my head, about 40-50, it seams over the hotel, it was bloody low.

I am going to another hotel in FUE on the 28th December for a week.

I have some photos from FUE on Myaviation.net, just search for 'Tom Walker' as the photographer and you will find them.

Edit: I am staying in a hotel near Jandia, i think, and if you keep checking myaviation.net, because i am in the process of uploading some more images from FUE etc.

Tom.

[Edited 2005-12-21 20:41:09]
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

MarkusB
Crew
Topic Author

Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:46 am

A big "thanks" to all who replied.

Markus
Salzburg.

airbusA346

Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:37 am

Oh, yeah,

I'm going to FUE tommorow for a week, so I will hopefully have some more shots.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

dcrusafon

Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:04 pm

Markus,

I just sent you an email giving some address to spot in FUE.

Brgrds,

DARIO