maiznblu_757

Seriously...NOA_Distance?

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:14 pm

Much to my surprise, this shot was rejected for NOA_Distance. I am thinking I should appeal it, but, unfortunately won't be able to for a few days as I cannot access my other email account.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20051214_F1816405522OCT05.jpg

Please give me you're opinions, appeal or no appeal.

Thanks!

Chad

PipoA380

RE: Seriously...NOA_Distance?

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:18 pm

Sad, I think it's a truly beautiful shot Chad!
It's not about AIRBUS. it's not about BOEING. It's all about the beauty of FLYING.

javibi

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:30 pm

Beautiful it is, but appeal do not, young jedi, until no other chance there is.

New crop you must produce; more sky and plane to left of frame my choice would be, but A.net likes it not.

May the Force be with you.

j

IngemarE

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:04 pm

Man o man, what a shot Chad!!  thumbsup 
If that made it onto the DB, it would be in my album quick as a flash!!

I luuuv shots that have a little bit more to show than just "fuselage`n´wings"!
Aircraft pictures are, at least to me, more likable if there's something to relate the aircraft to. Buildings, mountains, trees, carrier decks and so on.......

Javibi,

Quoting Javibi (Reply 2):

New crop you must produce; more sky and plane to left of frame my choice would be, but A.net likes it not.

rotfl   rotfl  ...you've got to be seriously,.... cheeky uuhmmm...uhmm...,...well you're spanish.  mischievous 
Let's just leave it at that, shall we!?  Wink
In thrust I trust.

Rotate

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:07 pm

I like that ...  bouncy  bouncy  bouncy 

For the picture, I also like the crop, but as mentioned, not cropped like guideline. Appeal, if you want to have it like it is. Perhaps you are lucky and the headscreener likes it also.

Robin
ABC

Stealthz

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:08 pm

Ah Javier,

I will forever think of you as a little green man with pointy ears, living in a swamp.  Big grin

Chad, I think this is a great shot, how to compose it so A.net likes it, I am at a loss. If it was a cat shot you would want the plane on the left moving into the frame, but as a trap perhaps on the right "ending" it's journey.

I just love it tho.. would be happy to have it on my wall and would've been proud to have taken it!!!!

Regards

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

cosec59

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:50 pm

Quoting Rotate (Reply 4):
not cropped like guideline

I think it's a superb shot, but alas outside the guidelines for a.net which I think is a great shame. The latest shots are becoming too "samey". Side on, blue sky.
I would like to see something different for a change
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

maiznblu_757

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:58 pm

Thanks for the insight guys. I'll keep this for my personal collection. I don't agree with cropping/changing the aesthetics just to get the photo within standards for this sight. Plus I feel the clouds in front of the nose added a little to it. Oh well, definitely not my loss.   

Thanks again.

Chad

[Edited 2005-12-14 12:01:11]

ua935

Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Chad,

What a shot, your photos are always stunning but this just takes the biscuit.

I am very envious of the position you are in and the opportunities you get with it.

Like you lately I have been getting rejection after rejection for trying something different but have now got to the point where like you I haven't lost anything.

Keep up the good work.

Regards Simon
Live every second like you mean it

YANQUI67

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:10 pm

Quoting UA935 (Reply 8):
I am very envious of the position you are in and the opportunities you get with it.

I am not, Ive been there on cruise. Six months away from home was very painful. The main reason I got out back in 1991. Things are better now with E-mail and stuff, when I was in it was snail mail and always 3-4 weeks behind.
Awesone shot Chad, appeal it. I would. Also thanks for being out there so that I dont have to. I still think about the guys going on deployments, it takes a very special person to do it.
Gus Anaya

javibi

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Quoting UA935 (Reply 8):
Like you lately I have been getting rejection after rejection for trying something different

Sad and happy hearing that I am; rejection sad thing is but if young jedi sending new things keep, maybe message get through and brighter future awaits.

May the Force be with us, wish I.

j

timdegroot

Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:42 pm

In all fairness Chad were you THAT surprised 

I think it could make it by cropping to the right, which I think would actually make the images a little better by accentuating the arrester cable.

Cheers
Tim

Edit: Personally I feel it should have been given badcentered.

[Edited 2005-12-14 14:43:35]
Alderman Exit

f4wso

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:28 am

I would be honored to get a rejection note from a Jedi master! He should do all of Anets rejection categories. We would all be able to use our Canon and Nikon lens sabers more effectively against the dark forces of grain, sharpness, and level. Enjoyed the creativity with the picture and the words.

Gary
Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Seeking an honest week's pay for an honest day's work