PipoA380
Topic Author

Snowfall On The Picture

Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:51 am

Hi. I took this picture of a plane today that is in bad shape. It has been moved to the "corrosion park", just today. Guess the owner couldn't pay for the rest of smth like that. Anyway, it was snowing a lot at that moment, and I was wondering if it causes any problem. Thanks for your advices! Have a good sunday.
Philippe

http://www.airplane-photos.com/temp/hzafw.jpg
It's not about AIRBUS. it's not about BOEING. It's all about the beauty of FLYING.

PipoA380
Topic Author

RE: Snowfall On The Picture

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 pm

Anyone care to have a look? I really don't know what's the a.net standards with snowfall. I did find a couple of pictures like these for instance:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael Fritz
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Richard Janura

Thanks a lot for your help!
Philippe
It's not about AIRBUS. it's not about BOEING. It's all about the beauty of FLYING.

apuneger

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:12 pm

Hi Philippe,

Like you mentioned in the 2nd post, it appears as if indeed photos with snowfall can get accepted. Concerning your photo, I think it just might get into the database if you can improve the brightness of the photo just a little bit. I'm not sure though...There are currently only 8 photos of this registration in the database, so this might be an advantage for you.

Best regards,
Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

corey07850

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:48 am

I can't say I've ever seen a G-IV in that condition.... yikes

clickhappy

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:50 am

It is a pretty interesting picture, sad to see such a nice plane sitting like that.

CFIjames

Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:03 pm

Being that the aircraft is not moving, nor will it be moving soon, I would just wait until it is not snowing and shoot again. The other two examples show aircraft operating in the snowy weather, which is interesting. Unless the snow adds to the "story" of the run-down G-IV, it just hurts the picture and makes it look of poor quality.
(on a side note, I find pictures every day that I cannot beleive were ever accepted, but then again I'm not a screener)
There are 3 simple rules for making a perfect landing every time. Its a shame that no one knows what they are.

maiznblu_757

Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:18 pm

Quoting CFIjames (Reply 5):
(on a side note, I find pictures every day that I cannot beleive were ever accepted, but then again I'm not a screener)

Was there REALLY any reason for that comment?  Confused  stirthepot 

PipoA380
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:46 am

Quoting CFIjames (Reply 5):
it just hurts the picture and makes it look of poor quality

I thought it'd give some kind od "creepy" look, that abandonned plane all alone under the bad weather  Wink Really!

CFIjames

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:07 am

Quoting Maiznblu_757 (Reply 6):
Was there REALLY any reason for that comment?

I merely meant to say that using pictures that have been accepted cannot always mean that other seemingly similar pictures will also be accepted. Sometimes the screeners see something we dont. Sometimes I dont know what theyre seeing... but without starting a controversy I will not give examples.
There are 3 simple rules for making a perfect landing every time. Its a shame that no one knows what they are.