PositiveClimb
Topic Author

Rejected Photo - Any Hope Of Salvation?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:49 am

Dear all,

I had the following photo rejected for being blurry (which I can't deny):
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20051221_PC142740_bearb_14_12_2005.jpg

But as I really like the motive with the spray and the RAT extended, plus it would be the first pic of the aircraft in the db plus I really had to suffer for this photo (cold+rainy+windy...) I would be interested in any opinions on how and if the pic is salvageable  Wink

I tried to rework the pic, which led to the following result

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/Fabs79/PC142740_bearb_filtered_photobucket.jpg

but I'm not quite sure about it. Somehow I'm not really satisfied...

So, should I bother working on it or just add it to my personal collection???
Every advice is highly appreciated!

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb Big grin
A380 - love at first flight!

edoca

RE: Rejected Photo - Any Hope Of Salvation?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:59 am

Beautiful shot Fabian. The new version has better lighting, although it seems a bit oversharpened now (see for example the background plane's tail).

But you're right, it somehow looks a bit overdone now, which is probably unavoidable in those weather circumstances. If you look carefully at the sky, you'll see the quality is just not there now. Maybe you can avoid that by only selectively applying whatever you did in your editing software.

I guess most of us have had pics like this before: good motive but somehow it proves impossible to get it accepted on this site. Personal collection, I'm afraid.

PositiveClimb
Topic Author

RE: Rejected Photo - Any Hope Of Salvation?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:17 am

Hi Ward,
thanks for your quick response!

You are right, I too think that it looks overdone, I'm not happy with the contrast either and it's a little grainy... So I think I will keep it in my personal collection!

Best regards,
Fabian/PositiveClimb Big grin
A380 - love at first flight!