Rejection Advise Required.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:13 am

Need a bit of advice on the following to see if its saveable.

The pic in question.

Was originally rejected for being soft.....received a personal message from screener say to sharpen it by just a bit.

So I did and reuploaded it.

To then find it had been rejected again this time for being ....quality,angle and blurry.

So im slightly bemused as to what to do.......scrap it and start again or keep for personal collection .

Any advice or tips welcome.

RE: Rejection Advise Required.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:18 am

I would say it needs a little CCW rotation (judging by the plane's direction of travel the runway should be more angled). To me the photo looks sharp enough overall, but maybe a little more selective sharpening is needed on the tail.

I'd say it's worth persevering with this photo. It's a superbly timed shot.
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:03 am

I don't understand why that was rejected. Brilliant shot. Could possibly need a little bit of sharpness around the tail. I'd be a little concerned about the small amount of grain in the sky there but other than those few things a great photo and wrongly rejected in my opinion.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:27 pm

Often re-uploads are rejected with different reasons than the first rejection had listed. Not sure why this is, could be multiple different screeners who do not know why the shot was rejected the first time, if the know it was previously rejected at all.

For this shot, I'd say it deserves in but hey I'm not a screener.

For future if you get a rejection on a shot like this (i.e. not every shot that gets rejected but a real "winner" in your mind) then maybe post in forum for assistance prior to re-upload?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:58 pm

Hello Stu,

This is a very interesting photo and, if it were mine, I would definitely persevere with another edit.

There are a few things that I can suggest that you might find increases its chances:

* Level - I think it needs over 1 degree CCW rotation. With the angle you are to the runway, there should be more of a slant to the runway surface. It should slope down more from the right to the left side of the photo. I would suggest using that 'grass' horizon in the far background as your horizontal reference, and that should do the trick.

* Crop - for me I would say that a 3:2 crop would suit the image better - that way there would be less 'dead' space, particularly the grass below the aircraft.

* Size - given the small quality issues I would strongly suggest a 1024 x 683 sized crop. I think things like the sharpness will then look better.

With these adjustments I would think it has a really good chance.

If you feel it would help you to have a look at an alternate edit feel free to get in touch and I will give it a go and show you the outcome.

All the best.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback

I'll rework the image and try again taking on board what has been mentioned.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:39 pm