dc10tim

Any Dynax 5D Users Out There?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:35 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there are any photographers out there who use a Konica Minolta Dynax 5D and if so, what your thoughts are?

My dad bought one just before Christmas, as his first DSLR (he previously used the Dynax 5), but isn't massively pleased with it, as it seems to produce more grain than my 300D when shooting on ISO 100.

It also seems to suffer from a slight underexposure problem in low light, similar to the 300D, despite several metering modes being available.

If anyone out there has any experience with this camera, or the Dyanx 7D, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Regards, and Happy New Year.

Tim.
Obviously missing something....

toksans

RE: Any Dynax 5D Users Out There?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:45 pm

Hello Tim,

I am using Alpha 7D (=Dynax 7D) for the year and have no grain problems. I am hearing that Konicaminolta sets bit underexposure not to lose photo data, especially for bright spot. I normaly set -0.3 for day light shooting.

Here is some examples took by 7D ;

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Susumu Tokunaga

View Large View Medium

Photo © Susumu Tokunaga

View Large View Medium

Photo © Susumu Tokunaga

Susumu
Toksans from Tokyo. Photographing and flying the plane are things to do for my life.

martin21

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Quoting Toksans (Reply 1):
I am hearing that Konicaminolta sets bit underexposure not to lose photo data, especially for bright spot. I normaly set -0.3 for day light shooting.

This is correct, the told me the same when I phoned them about this issue. And I don't have any problems with the grain.

Do you maybe have examples ?

Martin21
At 30.000 feet, the sun always shines !

dc10tim

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:31 am

Thanks for taking time to reply guys. I can't post any examples, because all the shots of planes he's deleted and the effect isn't noticeable to the same extent when shooting objects around the house.

I've been contacted by another photographer who uses the Dynax 5D and has some beautiful, grainless shots on a.net, so I feel pretty confident now there's no problem with the camera.

Regards,

Tim.
Obviously missing something....