ElpinDAB
Topic Author

I'm Not Too Sure How To Level This...

Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Hey everyone
I shot this earlier today at ATL, and I could not level it for the life of me! I can't trust the taxiway because it naturally slopes to the left, so I tried to use the verticals. But, the ones on the left side of the picture lean left and the ones on the right side lean right. (It was shot at 18mm, but I didn't think 18mm could have much of the fisheye type effect...) Or, do you think I should just pull this one altogether because of other issues?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...y/IMG_3010N311DLtaxiATL03JANep.jpg

Thanks alot for any help
Eric

ZSOFN

RE: I'm Not Too Sure How To Level This...

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:01 pm

Hey Eric

The photo has some nice light and colour to it, but you might find it rejected for quality reasons even if you did get it level. It's very blurred - it looks like you might have used too strong a noise filter. Try sharpening it after applying slightly less noise filtering.

About being level - you're right - it's a tough one! I think you could try using the external staircase on the side of the tower or the one on the front of it for reference, otherwise just experiment a little.

In any case, pull this one from the queue and try a different edit. Feel free also to post the original here if you don't mind someone else having a go at it!

I personally hope you can salvage this one as it's potentially a really nice photo!

Good luck

Tom

Kukkudrill

RE: I'm Not Too Sure How To Level This...

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:29 pm

Needs clockwise rotation. Try estimating where the horizon should be, or maybe equalise the slant of the verticals on either side of the photo. But I have to agree with Tom about the blur.
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life