malandan

Processing In Photoshop Elements 2.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 pm

Following a post by fellow A.net member Wallace in Site Related, I came across his interesting website

http://www.cyclekinross.org.uk/

which contains a very good image processing procedure for those who use Photoshop Elements 2. (hope I am not repeating any past post over this!).
My interest relates to difficulties in helping my brother-in-law with Elements 2 as my copy is version 4. OK, not a great deal of difference, but sufficient to to cause a problem when tutoring by telephone and email.
I thoroughly recommend it and also "Fred's" further process for the elimination of "Jaggies".

Thanks, Wallace (and Fred)

Malcolm.
My interest lies in the future as I am going to spend the rest of my life there!

A388

RE: Processing In Photoshop Elements 2.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:52 am

WOW, thanks for the link Malcolm. I already work with Photoshop Elements but I haven't used the grid-function but it certainly is very useful! I sometimes have difficulty levelling a photo because there's not always an object in the photo I can use as levelling refference. The grid-function is great in such situations. Once again, thank you a lot for the link my friend Big grin

Best regards,

A388

malandan

RE: Processing In Photoshop Elements 2.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:37 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 1):
The grid-function is great in such situations.

Whilst the grid function may be a good starting point, the grid lines themselves do not always coincide with the verticals you may wish to check / correct.
I prefer to create a rectangle within the image by means of the Rectangular Marquee Tool, which can then be moved around the image, using the sides to check for vertical alignments and the upper and lower edges to check for horizontals such as the horizon.

One other hint. Don't put your trust in the auto features. These may be OK for holiday snaps but for consistancy and accuracy use the the features which leave the control in your hands. For example, use the Levels tool for colour correction rather than Auto Colour Correction.

Good luck!

Malcolm.
My interest lies in the future as I am going to spend the rest of my life there!