ThatPlaneGuy

Transit In Amman

Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:52 am

Hi everyone. I need help again with info on Amman International airport in Jordan. Anyone been there recently? I will be in transit and wonder if its ok to spot and do photography from inside the terminal. Are the Iraqi aircraft still present? How many, which types? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Its about the airlines and the planes they fly

willo

RE: Transit In Amman

Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:49 pm

We went through there as a transit passengers in November 2004, changing planes en-route to India. As far as I remember, there was nowhere in the terminal to spot or take photos in the main lounge due to the building layout. The windows in the gate lounges had particularly filthy windows. One other thing to remember, many of these Arab countries are sensitive to photography and security can be strict.

If your wait time is long, Royal Jordanian (I guess you are flying with them?) may offer the option of going to their hotel, about a mile or so from the terminal. We did this, as the terminal didn't have much going for it. It would have been possible to take pictures from there but the planes were already quite high by then.

There were 3 Iraqi jets still on the apron back then.

I did file a trip report for this journey.