aviatortj

How To Upload US/HP Photos:

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:30 am

The following photos are uploaded as simply "US Airways". I would like to use this thread to clarify the rules for the planes that will become ubiquitous over the next twelve months.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Chris Starnes
View Large View Medium

Photo © Lyndon Thorley

Now these planes are uploaded as "US Airways Express (Mesa Airlines)" or US Airways Express (Air Wisconsin)"

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King
View Large View Medium

Photo © Chris Starnes

My question, which I hope this thread will clarify, is why are the following planes not uploaded as "US Airways (America West Airlines)"? If the general format is "Livery (Operator)," I do believe that "US Airways (America West Airlines)" would be the correct format. Right or wrong?

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jeremy Irish - Cactus Wings

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ben Wang
View Large View Medium

Photo © Ben Wang

Here's to all saving all those info rejections. Cheers-TJ

[Edited 2006-01-24 02:32:34]

benyhone

RE: How To Upload US/HP Photos:

Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:58 am

Even though US Airways has two operating certificates (thence the "operated by America West Airlines" sticker) the name for the airline is US Airways. It's not a "doing business as" situation like you find with Mesa Airlines and the other regional carriers.

Terry/PHX
Cactus Wings Photography, Phoenix

Kereru

Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:21 am

Good things take Time.

aviatortj

Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting Kereru (Reply 2):
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...tion_photography/read.main/216276/

That discusses the categorical selection of the photo. What I am trying to clarify here is the name issue.

I believe that since it technically is a HP plane that it would be uploaded as US Airways (America West).

Quoting Benyhone (Reply 1):
Even though US Airways has two operating certificates (thence the "operated by America West Airlines" sticker) the name for the airline is US Airways. It's not a "doing business as" situation like you find with Mesa Airlines and the other regional carriers.

So wouldn't all Cactus planes be uploaded as "US Airways" under this rule then? Looking for clarifications.

-TJ  Smile

I realize I'm putting forth two different arguments in each thread, but at one point we try to categorize each photo by the paint (this case), and one by the operator (Express/Hybrid/Special).

Kereru

Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:30 pm

From Airline Menu Help:

2. Airline aircraft with titles of two companies will be listed with both companies, whereby the most prominent one comes first, and the minor one will be between brackets, like "Delta Connection (Skywest Airlines)". Although names like "Team Lufthansa" are not really "companies", on Airliners.net we consider them as companies.
3. Airline aircraft with titles of one company, but owned by and/or operated by another airline company whose titles are not worn, will be listed with both companies, but with the untitled one between brackets, like "America West Express (Mesa Airlines). Leasing companies, banks, trust companies, finance houses and such will not be listed, unless they are painted on the aircraft.

Once photos are added to the DB the editors do any alterations either by your submissions or during their time checking the DB.
Good things take Time.